New Here -> 1999 Explorer Eddie Bauer 5.0L AWD | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

New Here -> 1999 Explorer Eddie Bauer 5.0L AWD

I would look for eddie bauer between 98 - 01 because they have a few more options that make them all around nice cars than the 95-97, also 99 up have side airbags. 98+ Mountaineers are the same to an EB, but the 97 is just an xlt model of the explorer.
Also 98 up have depowered airbags just in case you want to be really safe.

Hunt a 98-01 if possible, by condition. The 98 has identical features as the 2001(ignore side air bags), so if the best condition truck turns out to be a 98, jump on it. The prices are very good now, I wouldn't give more than say $4500 for a mint condition truck.

Look hard for corrosion, all vehicles from the North will be bad for that. You could do far better by buying one from below Kentucky, drive to get it. You do not want to deal with rust. Look hard, they have it in most bottom door seams, hatch seams, under body seams etc. Once started it is virtually impossible to kill. Good luck,

Thank you for the tips! :thumbsup:
I would have never realized all that on my own.
I don't even have an Explorer yet I already love this site

hey everybody loves this site, but yeah watch for rust dog legs and rockers, fender wells, and doors (don't forget the roof too). ask about maintenance these vehicles can last a long amount of time and miles if the correct maintenance was done. Don't worry about the 90+ miles i would say anything around 80 to 100 is good and most of these vehicles can go about 200, mine at 183 and still runnin strong some have even pushed 250
The seats are also important some are pretty worn and you will want nice seats after a long trip, plus its better for the back.

Back