EVAP Canister - More than two connectors? [UPDATE] | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

EVAP Canister - More than two connectors? [UPDATE]

CypherSTL

Reaction score
City, State
St. Louis, MO
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 Sport
Here is a picture of the EVAP Canister.
EVAP-Canister.jpg

The only two "outside" connections coming into are the two steel/metal lines in the bottom right of the picture. Is that all their is supposed to be?

In the Hanes manual it looks like in one of the photos that a vac line also goes into it, but I don't see anything like that going into that area.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

quick question.

is that a canister holder plastic? looks like it. mine was metal but has turned to a crumbling pile of rust. i need to find one like that before my canister is dragging behind me going down the road.

The holder itself is plastic, yep.

Did yours have a vac line or anything going to it? or just the two metal tubes?

--- UPDATE ---
Alright; well I went ahead and pulled the EVAP Canisters off the truck.

1zowa9t.jpg

I disconnected the two steel EVAP Lines, and the electrical connector.

However, the area circled in Red, nothing was connecting to it. I would guess that a hose of some sort is supossed to be going to that, correct?

to revive an old thread, I just removed my EVAP and I also dont have a hose connected to it as circles in red. Any idea?

to revive an old thread, I just removed my EVAP and I also dont have a hose connected to it as circles in red. Any idea?

That is where the system vents to atmosphere. Never had a hose and none required.

Back