• Register Today It's free!

HID install. OEM reflectors?

brianwsnc

Reaction score
City, State
Winston Salem, NC
Year, Model & Trim Level
2004 Sport Trac Adrenlin
I am installing HID bulbs in my 04 STrac.
The reflectors inside the lens infront of the bulbs.. CAN I remove that? or should it stay

?

Please advise
Thanks!
Brian B

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When I put mine in I left it....if u don't u will blind everyone in a 3 block radius

LOL... That's what I was afraid of... I tried them out tonight... I should have gone with 5000 max.. 6k is a bit on the blue side.

I am installing HID bulbs in my 04 STrac.
The reflectors inside the lens infront of the bulbs.. CAN I remove that? or should it stay

you should remove it so you can put your projectors in its place :D
(the correct way to install hid's)

I got them installed and I am kind of dissappointed... I had installed them in my 3000gt and had better results.

I with I am going to remove the reflector and see if that doesn't improve the performance. If nothing else, I am going to trim the bottom half so it will only shield the top part that would be the part that would blind on coming drivers anyway.

I will keep ya'll up on the progress.

if i remember correctly, the bottom is where the mount is. if you cut it, youll be cutting it off its post that bolts on the housing. plus, youll have to remove the lenses, which is a pain, then youll have to reseal them(watertight). might as well do the retrofit if you go that far, the lens removal was the hardest part of mine.

darn.. you maybe right..oh well...

Back