• Register Today It's free!

Lift Choices

Dustmonster

Reaction score
City, State
Tucson Az
Year, Model & Trim Level
'04 XLT
After reading many of the threads on lifting my 2004 Explorer I'm stuck between new springs or the BTF spacers and upper control arm. I plan on using the vehicle both as a daily driver and a weekend offroader in the southern Arizona mountains.
Iv'e heard some unhappy stories about using spacers in offroad situations but that doesn't seem to be the case here.
I would like to get some input to help make my decision. I'm looking for 3-5 inches of lift to accomidate 285/75/16's and am not opposed to geting some of that from a body lift.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

a 2.25" front/1.75" rear set of BTF spacers alone will net you about 3.25" of lift. Add a 1.5" body lift on that and you'd be set.

Another option is to do a 3" body lift and go smaller on the BTF spacers, say 1.5" front / 1" rear. That will give you the same amount of clearance for tires as the first option I listed but will be a bit easier on the balljoints and CV joints.

Thanks, this helps. The BTF spacers and control arms seemed the cheaper and easier route to go, I was just concerned about the "looks vs offroadability" issue.

Dustmonster...I am local to you and am going to be lifting my explorer with btf arms and spacers + rancho quick lifts as soon as my arms get here. Everything else (QL's and spacers) are here.

I'll look into the quicklift.

In the case of using the combo of quicklift and BTF spacers, it appears that the front/rear height differance coud be gotten either from the spacers leaving the quicklifts the same length or vice versa.

I will have an alternative here soon, a full bolt on 6" suspension lift. No need for a body lift at all and you could run up to 35s with no trimming.

A few of the brackets
IMG_0249.jpg

IMG_0250.jpg

IMG_0251.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

$(KGrHqMOKp!E5YZz,c+IBOiw0j2+r!~~60_58.JPG

In the case of using the combo of quicklift and BTF spacers, it appears that the front/rear height differance coud be gotten either from the spacers leaving the quicklifts the same length or vice versa.

The quicklifts aren't adjustable for height, just for the valving. Also when the quicklifts say 1.5" of lift the mean the actual lift. A set of 1.5" BTF spacers means that is the actual height of the spacer. You'd actually get about 2 - 2.25" of lift from a 1.5" spacer.

I think you should just buy Duner's kit and be done with it :):)

So excited to see some of this kit.. I may have to start saving money lol
Thanks for the pics duner its good to know someone really knows thier stuff...

Duner, any idea as to when and how much?

I would also be intrested in duners kit

Yeah Duner im with everyone else, im about to start saving up for that kit so any information as to when itll be available would be great.

awesome kit

When and how much? I will start saving, just please write me back duner and let me know!

Same here Duner. I would be so down for that kit. But my Ex is 2wd. Would it still work? If so what is the price my friend. Best lift I've seen yet.

Doing btf now.. But I'm with everyone else on the duner lift!!

First of the year they will be ready, Yes, should work with a 2 wheel drive.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

First of the year they will be ready, Yes, should work with a 2 wheel drive.
Site looks good. Not a bad asking price also. Can't wait for January! Want to see what kind of shocks and spring sets can be run with this kit. So excited! Need your own forum now for sure.

Back