• Register Today It's free!

Misaligned glove box?

teh bishop

Reaction score
City, State
The Alamo City
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
Brother in law pointed this out (ARGH, can't un-see now).

Is this normal for 2011 Explorers, or do I need to go take this to get fixed? It is perfectly aligned over near the passenger door, and then sags waaaay down on the console side.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 375

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Brother in law pointed this out (ARGH, can't un-see now).

Is this normal for 2011 Explorers, or do I need to go take this to get fixed? It is perfectly aligned over near the passenger door, and then sags waaaay down on the console side.

Definitely bring it in to have it repaired. Looks like a clip issue. You can always pm Cory if you need to, but I really doubt the dealership will give you any issues for such a cut-and-dry issue.

Mine does not do this. There are latchs on both sides of the door. It is hard to imagine that the one of yours is latched.

Mine does not do this. There are latchs on both sides of the door. It is hard to imagine that the one of yours is latched.

We had the same problem, but it turned out to be the manual or something sitting on the shelf causing this exact issue. Once we moved the contents inside it was able to latch properly. Maybe that isn't your issue but it was ours.

Take it in

...Is this normal for 2011 Explorers, or do I need to go take this to get fixed? It is perfectly aligned over near the passenger door, and then sags waaaay down on the console side.
Definitely bring it in to have it repaired. Looks like a clip issue. You can always pm Cory if you need to, but I really doubt the dealership will give you any issues for such a cut-and-dry issue.
Take it in
the bishop,

I highly recommend taking your Explorer in to show the dealer the alignment on your dashboard (as Lhymes & Spengracin suggested). I’m also available to help by forwarding the details to the Customer Service Manager in your area. For me to do that, please send a PM with your VIN, contact info, mileage, and dealer name/state.

BTW, thanks for the recommendation, Lhymes. :)

Cory

Back