• Register Today It's free!

Quality Issues?

foxtemple

Reaction score
City, State
Philadelphia, PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Ford Explorer
First off, I think my passenger side front door is misaligned. I know there are plenty of posts on this forum about the trim being misaligned but I think my entire door is misaligned.... Also, the trim on my front passenger door is literally falling off. I noticed this crease on my interior door trim and upon investigation it, I noticed that this piece of trim is falling off [note pictures below]. Anyone have door trim that is doing this as well? I know a lot of people have the misaligned trim on the passenger side. Anyone actually get that fixed? I was expecting a little more QC when purchasing a 50k vehicle! I'm beginning to think I was sold a pre-production model or something

8637470593_2566f9d10f.jpg

photo 2 by tankertrans, on Flickr

8637470683_7437c79cff.jpg

photo 1 by tankertrans, on Flickr

8638576106_6e2492bfa4.jpg

photo 3 by tankertrans, on Flickr

8638575964_e45770ced3.jpg

photo 4 by tankertrans, on Flickr

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

What I'm about to say is very negative although I'm not trying to bash Ford...

It's DOMESTIC

Expect those problems. I have almost every problem you have with my new Sport. Except my rear passenger door is misaligned at the bottom.

First off, I think my passenger side front door is misaligned. I know there are plenty of posts on this forum about the trim being misaligned but I think my entire door is misaligned.... Also, the trim on my front passenger door is literally falling off...

Hi foxtemple,

Have you brought this to the attention of your dealership? If you haven't already, making an appointment so they can get this documented and addressed is a good idea. Stay in touch with me moving forward; if you need me to jump in and assist, just say the word. :)

Crystal

Hi foxtemple,

Have you brought this to the attention of your dealership? If you haven't already, making an appointment so they can get this documented and addressed is a good idea. Stay in touch with me moving forward; if you need me to jump in and assist, just say the word. :)

Crystal

Thank you for the reply Crystal. I am going to bring my car to my dealer very soon. They are very good about getting right on issues I have. Thank you for your offer though!

Please don't make me have second thoughts on my order.... I'm a BMW guy and just ordered a Sport with every option.... Ugh!

I was an Audi guy and SO FAR the Sport is better in every way than the Audi Q5 we traded in.....

Please don't make me have second thoughts on my order.... I'm a BMW guy and just ordered a Sport with every option.... Ugh!

Lol you're trading quality control for reliability IMO

I was an Audi guy and SO FAR the Sport is better in every way than the Audi Q5 we traded in.....

My sister drives a Q7 and I'd trade her in a heartbeat! But my aunt has a Q5 and has several problems... Dang vehicles are so unpredictable! We should all buy a lexus! Jk lol

Does anyone know good sites where one can see complaints on the highlander, pathfinder, durango etc.?

Thank you for the reply Crystal. I am going to bring my car to my dealer very soon. They are very good about getting right on issues I have. Thank you for your offer though!

You're welcome, foxtemple! If you ever need my assistance, you know how to reach me. :thumbsup:

Crystal

Back