cruise control not working | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

cruise control not working

onetime

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2000 north face
Hello all, my cruise control, has never worked since i have owned the car, i get nothing no lights in the dash nothing when i press the buttons.
It like it doesn't have cruise at all.
I have checked i have the updated harness and the fuse isn't blown. Has anybody got any ideas were to start to look going on holiday soon and i must be getting old but my foot starts to ache after about an hour.
cheers
onetime

Forgot to add the button all light up with the headlight on so am assuming they are getting power

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Does the ex have dash lights for cruise control? Mine all works as it should, but never had any dash lights.

Sorry I can't help with it not working though, not clued up on cruise at all.

sorry i have never seen any assumed they were broke or not working, my other motors have a light on when engaged. either way not working, on the US forum they seam to dash lights.

I don't think the UK ones have a cruise light. My '99 US Explorer has the green light on the right side of the dash

The buttons on the wheel can be a pain. I have to really jab them on my UK Explorer, whereas the US one they click nicely.

There IS a cruise light on the dash but ive never got it to work, there's a working bulb in the holder on mine behind the small taco symbol that you can see on the dash just doesnt work at all, ive never been able to figure out why.

got it working loose harness on the servo, however i pushed the on/off switch too hard and broke it off the wheel and the bulbs have gone still works so have to fix that now. the joy. hope fully chris has some replacements, i did get the light at the top left of my dash when cruise was engage it was green colour i think. will check again tomorrow.
cheers for the help
onetime

A bit late here. Yes, it is a green light on the left hand side.

I also have a broken cruise control bracket on the right side. I superglued it but it only lasted a week, the switches need a very firm push. I guess at some point I will have to replace it.

Let us know how the replacement goes when you do it please.

glued it and put it back easy job, just disconnect the negative on battery, take the cover off the side of the steering wheel and undo bolts remove airbag then undo the screws that hold the controls inplace, hardest thing is the connection lead you need to a small flat head screw drive down the bottom side to lift a clip.

done mine now just need to replace the bulb

onetime

hi, my cruise works but no light, where do you have a light coming up? I did replaced my my dash to inverse glowing, but don't remember having any light coming up when cruise ON,

BTW just checked my old (black) dash, no sign of any, maybe it's and North Face feature,

Light is top left on the dash.

my 98 has the green light, as said before left hand side high up

strange, is that above temperature gauge? or next to CHECK GAGE lamp?

Back