parreli scorpion a/t's | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

parreli scorpion a/t's

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I've got a set in the stock size (255/70R16) on my 98. I got them to replace the Firestones last Spring. Traction is excellent in dry conditions, very good in the rain, and decent in snow and ice. I haven't tried them off-road. It's tough to lose traction, even when you're trying. Also, I've put about 8,000 miles on them and haven't noticed any significant wear yet. Also, the tread pattern looks pretty agressive, if that matters to you. Plus, you gotta love the scorpion on the sidewall :D

I switched to Pirelli Scorpions A/T from the BFG A/T KO's about 10k ago. So far I have been very happy. Definitely a better ride than the KO's. Off-road, they have done very well in mud (for an A/T tire).

i got yokohama avid st. 255/60/15.
i love em.

I have had my Scorpion AT's for over 20,000 miles. Still very good tread. Other people have said offroad as good as the BFG's. I had mine in some mud, not thick stuff, but they didn't gum up. They stayed pretty clean. I recommend them. Decently aggressize AT with a mileage warranty. I say get them. And decently priced also.:exp:

sweet, ill be gettin some this week

Are they noisy??

Not really noisy, probably more then a street tire, but not like a mud terrain. I like mine and have driven some long drives with them and not noisy at all.

well, pirelli stopped making them so you should grab some while you can. instead of the a/t they are now making a scorpion tire that has more of a highway tread

yah, i know. when i called pirelli and they told me that i was like "damn soccer moms are gonna make ll tire companies do away with a/t tires

Back