Pirelli Scorpion A/T's | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pirelli Scorpion A/T's

Has anyone tried the Scorpion A/T's by Pirelli? The tread design looks somewhat agressive and I like the idea of the center channel to clear water. Any post pro or con appreciative. The tires will be for 1995 XLT 4x4. Thanks!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A friend of mine has the 31 x 10.5 x 15 Scorpion ATs on his Montero and he swears by them. He said they are extremely comfortable on the freeway, low noise, very good off-road, excellent in the rain, best of all it was $80/ea. Another friend has the 16" and he is enjoying them very much also.

I have the Pirelli Scorpion A/T's and I am in love with them. I don't do too much off-roading, so I wasn't looking for a noisy very aggressive tire tread. My Pirellis are ok by me as to the noise, and wet traction on the street is great.
The explorer had a set of Dunlops on it when I bought it, which I may have let go a little too long. Bought the Scorpion A/T's shortly after pulling a 180 in downtown rush-hour traffic, in light rain with the Dunlops. Since wet traction was heavily on my mind at the time of purchase, the BF Goodrich AT's quickly fell off the list.
If you look at the tires on the Pirelli web site, I would say that their chart is pretty accurate with the road surface/traction graphs.
If you are looking for a tire that works great on the pavement, and good (for an AT tire) off-road, I can definately recommend these tires.

Thanks for the replies. I picked up a set at Sears and got a pretty decent deal. I am impressed by the way they handle. Quiet, good traction and I like the idea of the center channel to clear water away. I would of liked to of gotten BF Goodrich All Terain T/A's however was not impressed with the price increase nor the fact no center channel. I am very impressed with the Perelli's. I recommend them heavily.

I heard that Pirelli is redesigning the tread on the Scorpion A/T's. Has anyone seen them or heard much?

(yes I noticed the thread date)

I don't know about the redesign, but I did look at them on the web the other day and Perellis website still shows the same design as what I have now.
I love them!!!

Back