How do I change route on navigation | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How do I change route on navigation

Randys1

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 explorer
If I am in Southern Cal and wnt to go to Northern Cal on "the 101", the nav wont let me, it will keep trying to get me over to I-5 cuz it is shorter, i see where we can tell nav to not use highways and stuff like that but how do you edit a route when putting it in

how do you pick the green route over the red route also

etc

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

If I am in Southern Cal and wnt to go to Northern Cal on "the 101", the nav wont let me, it will keep trying to get me over to I-5 cuz it is shorter, i see where we can tell nav to not use highways and stuff like that but how do you edit a route when putting it in

how do you pick the green route over the red route also
etc

You "touch" those routes, need to do it fast, and then select "complete (or some other word) route".

You can just start driving on the 101, and Nav will eventually plot a course to your final destination.

There's a way to edit the route, I just don't recall right now.

after the route has started, you can click on the "view" option to split the window to show the route, then you should be able to select the edit route and then "I-5" and choose to "avoid" this freeway always or just for that route.

I've had the same problem numerous times and will try the spilt screen option next time.
Sometimes the three options nav gives you doesn't help.
You can add a way point or usually I just set a destination to get me on the right road and then set another for final destination. I save them in my favorites.

the three option choice is a joke. You have about 2 seconds to choose. Plus, if you want to view the other routes, it will still make a selection for you automatically while viewing the alternate routes.

the three option choice is a joke. You have about 2 seconds to choose. Plus, if you want to view the other routes, it will still make a selection for you automatically while viewing the alternate routes.

Your right. I thought I was just being slow! I fell better now. LOL Thought it was older age.

Hi everyone!

If you're stopped, say at a light, press the MFT screen (while on NAV), press VIEW / EDIT ROUTE, then press EDIT ROUTE PREFERENCE. From there you'll be able to select SHORTEST, FASTEST, or ECOLOGICAL, and what type of roads you'd like to avoid.

Hope this helps! :)

Rebecca

I believe it will only auto select if you are moving. If you stop when you do the destination entry then you will have time on the screen to select your route. Auto start happens when you start moving.

Back