Has anyone got the Cargo Security Shade? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Has anyone got the Cargo Security Shade?

I bought it because the brochure made it seem that the only way to get a rubber protector for the rear bumper was as part of a rear cargo cover package. I wanted the rubber protection on the bumber because my dog jumps in & out of the back & I didn't want him to scratch the paint.

When the Explorer was delivered, the cargo cover was installed but no bumper protection. Turns out that the dealer can install a bumper protector & I removed the cargo cover. Can't use it with the dog & I agree it is a nuisance to install/remove.

I probably have it somewhere in my garage if anyone wants it!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I wonder if the roll-up cover could be installed in 2011 XLT's? Could someone post a closer picture of the mount location with & without the roll-up installed?

If it's easy to rig up, might be worthwhile for XLT owners to get it. My trade-in X5 had a nice built in removable cover.

In the meantime, I've just used a fold-able square black laundry box and put an over used black towel over it as camouflage :D

Totally agree!!! It is an afterthought by Ford. I ordered it with my 2012 Limited and when I opened the back took one look saw what a pain it was to put in and out and tokk it out of the Ex and never to be seen again. $135.00 option down the drain. Other than that my Ex Limited is awesome.

I know this is an old post, but I'm looking to get the cargo shade for my 2004 Explorer. Does anyone have one?

I like how the Durango's roller cover is designed. It is two attachment points inside the car: one forward if the third row is down, and one back if the third row is up. Great idea, simple execution and it works. I wish Ford would do something like that.

Yeah the Durango cover is great. Not flimsy either, its quite heavy,
locks in really secure and the shade is tough - either leather or faux leather but really heavy duty. Awesome.

Not sure if I still have mine or threw it away. I'll be happy to check but I would think that the 2011 cover will not properly fit a 2004?

Dave

can anyone post pics of one in a gen 5? I was going to get this option, but we found a sport on the lot exactly like we wanted without it, so I was just going to order it after the fact, but if it's really that crappy, I'll skip it. I'd like to see pics if possible.

Not sure if I still have mine or threw it away. I'll be happy to check but I would think that the 2011 cover will not properly fit a 2004?

Dave
I'm really not sure.

Mine came with it. It's a pain in the @ss so I never use it.

I got mine used and it didnt come with it. I really don't want to put anything back there without it.

I have one and it is of quite disappointing quality. The method they used to secure it to the sides (to the glass trim area, see photos) is very cheap and really makes you think there has to be a better way to secure the shade in place.

Photos of mine

8621407517_e15a1cf4f1_c.jpg

8622509574_2c1c33424d_c.jpg

8621412645_f7ef4f35c4_c.jpg

8621405157_9cbd94b88c_c.jpg

8621412979_bee460988e_c.jpg

Thanks for the pics. Makes me glad I didn't spend the money on it. More mod money lol. I'll put it towards tint!

Still looking if anyone still has one for the 2004 Explorer

I have a black interior and bout a black blanket and if I have something in the back that I want to hide I just lay it over the top of it. I am also thinking about pulling the third row.

I have a black interior and bout a black blanket and if I have something in the back that I want to hide I just lay it over the top of it. I am also thinking about pulling the third row.

We did the same. We did a 5 week road trip (5000+ miles) immediately when we drove off the lot. Our first purchase for our EX was a black sheet. We put it over the suitcases and it was as if they disappeared! We also have the black interior. Works like a charm and cheap!

Hi davek4
I was wondering if you still have the shade.I would be interested in getting it from you if it is not to pricey
Tx

Dave

If you didn't throw it away I'd love to pick it up and try it out for myself.

If anyone has a cargo cover shade and they are not using I would like to buy it for a reasonable price
Tx

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have '94 Explorer Cargo Cover

If you're still looking for a '94 Explorer cargo cover, I have one in beige.

Back