NEWPORTNJ

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
2020 ST EXPLORER
ST.
The new 2014 explorer, available on web site, new colors not all that. (my opinion).

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The new 2014 explorer, available on web site, new colors not all that. (my opinion).

Not just your opinion:D
The Orange reminds me of my wife's '07 Edge and the other can't decide if its Blue, Green or Gray (at least in the pictures)

Not just your opinion:D
The Orange reminds me of my wife's '07 Edge and the other can't decide if its Blue, Green or Gray (at least in the pictures)
On my monitor the Sunset is Red. A lighter, perhaps brighter red that the Ruby. It definitely is not orange. The Dark Side is a deep blue. Much more so than the Deep Impact blue.

Peter

On my monitor the Sunset is Red. A lighter, perhaps brighter red that the Ruby. It definitely is not orange. The Dark Side is a deep blue. Much more so than the Deep Impact blue.

Peter

Amazes me everytime i see those colors and how fake they look. Why cant they just take some high quality real world shots instead of manually adding the color and shadowing. Makes no sense.

Peter

This looks to me to be the actual "sunset" color...

Not bad IMO.. I kinda like it. I would really like to see real world shots of the dark side though.

http://topismagus.wordpress.com/tag/ford-2014-explorer/

Your link is not the new sunset color, its golden bronze which is the 2011 color that i have.

If I had to describe sunset it looks just like the red color in the sky at sunset..I have the color thing at work ill try and remember to snap a pic of it and post it.

So they got rid of the dark green already?

If I had to describe sunset it looks just like the red color in the sky at sunset..I have the color thing at work ill try and remember to snap a pic of it and post it.
Although the colour definitely appears red on my screen, I did see another picture of it with the side in full sunlight and it did seem to take on an orange hue. Perhaps it is another one of those paints that appears to change slightly depending upon the light conditions. It is picture #10 in the gallery on Ford's website.

Peter

Although the colour definitely appears red on my screen, I did see another picture of it with the side in full sunlight and it did seem to take on an orange hue. Perhaps it is another one of those paints that appears to change slightly depending upon the light conditions. It is picture #10 in the gallery on Ford's website.

Peter

Peter, ford.com is terrible for showing color. It looks like they use animated pictures instead of actual pictures. There's one of a sterling gray explorer in the gallery that looks nothing like sterling gray in real life. Same way ginger ale looks gold on there but is more green in person.

Back