MFT v3.6 rumor? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

MFT v3.6 rumor?

30 minutes to install, really? What was it before?

pardon me if I sound silly. I am new to MFT and SYNC. 30 minutes sounds crazy-long. As in 'leave the car running in the driveway for 30 minutes'?

huh.

Yup. 30-45 minutes, engine on. It takes FOREVER to load these updates.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

USB stick. Free time, and a half a gallon of gas. Laugh.

still - if it was 45 minutes before and now "< 30".. I guess that is indeed a big improvement... like 33%

Makes me wonder what kind of processor is powering this system.

Given that they named this release 3.6 instead of 3.5x or something
TYPICALLY means a rather substantial change...
not just a bug fix, nor a major release, but a significant enough change to warrant it...

At any rate, it should be an upgrade...
and since it's for the 'infotainment' system not the automobile itself,
it's not a major point of concern for me --- MANY other things are more important to me.

Hi, everyone!

Here's a little taste of what's to come:

~ Improved system performance
~ Improved Home Screen - Increased Touch Zones on Home Screen
~ Improved screen interactions while using voice
~ Updated support for phones and media players
~ Improvements to System Installation - Quicker install (< 30 minutes); Persistence of Navigation Favorites during installation

Rebecca

So no AppLink?!???? Very disappointed.

pardon me if I sound silly. I am new to MFT and SYNC. 30 minutes sounds crazy-long. As in 'leave the car running in the driveway for 30 minutes'?

huh.

Generally, you start the install in Park then drive away once the installation procedure begins. No need to sit in one spot during the install. However, you cannot turn off the engine once the install begins.

:

I do love the part where Ford asserts that MFT is attracting new customers. :rolleyes:
24 years ago my first car was a '77 Mercury Marquis. I haven't owned a Ford again until I bought my 2013 Explorer Limited last year. MFT was absolutely why I started looking at Fords, and no other manufacturer having anything like it helped seal the deal. Obviously MFT is not perfect, but for my needs there is nothing better out there and I would definitely consider Ford again.

Tk

:
.......I do love the part where Ford asserts that MFT is attracting new customers. :rolleyes:...........

The only way I could get an 8" backup camera was to buy the MFT package.
The MFT and the general dash appearance is one of the reasons I got my 2011 Limited. A friend of mine took over the 2 1/2 years left on my '09 Highlander Ltd lease. The 8" screen for the rear camera was a bonus.:)

Peter

Is this update for everyone? I just checked the syncmyride website and I don't see an update anywhere. I'm on version 3.5.1 and it says it's the current version.

Is this update for everyone? I just checked the syncmyride website and I don't see an update anywhere. I'm on version 3.5.1 and it says it's the current version.
Yes it for all 5th gen models. See post #1 in this thread. Version 3.6 to be released in August.

Peter

I got my letter from Ford on Saturday about the 3.6 update available in August.

huh.

The updates used to take approximately 60 minutes. If you have a 30 minute commute, you can perform the update at that time. Just don't turn off your Explorer until it's finished or else you'll be taking a trip to your dealer. ;)

Like Peter said, it'll be available for download in August. If you have Email Notifications turned on in your SYNC account, you'll receive an email when it's ready.

Rebecca

More?

Hi, everyone!

Here's a little taste of what's to come:

~ Improved system performance
~ Improved Home Screen - Increased Touch Zones on Home Screen
~ Improved screen interactions while using voice
~ Updated support for phones and media players
~ Improvements to System Installation - Quicker install (< 30 minutes); Persistence of Navigation Favorites during installation

Rebecca

Hello Rebecca,

You said : "a little taste of what's to come"
Question: There is more?

ATB.
BM:thumbsup:

Rebecca, Can you folks just flat out tell us if Applink is coming or not?

Rebecca, Can you folks just flat out tell us if Applink is coming or not?

I think she pretty much did... it's not on the list, if it was coming it would be highly publicized given it's long (almost 3 year) delay.

Sorry everyone. I've said all I can for now; more to come soon.

Rebecca

Rebecca,

I am leaving Aug 4th for a road trip. Can you ask Ford to do the update before I leave, it would be much appreciated. ;)

Murphys Law says it will be online Aug 5th. :D

Hello Rebecca,

You said : "a little taste of what's to come"
Question: There is more?

More? I'll wager...less, since "Improved system performance" and "Improved screen interactions while using voice" are the sort of non-meaningful 'improvements' that we've heard for every update since 2011. If they meant anything, MFT wouldn't be running like a pig stuck in molasses after 2 1/2 years.

Just my opinion, but I'm prepared to be underwhelmed.

Rebecca,

I am leaving Aug 4th for a road trip. Can you ask Ford to do the update before I leave, it would be much appreciated. ;)

Murphys Law says it will be online Aug 5th. :D

Take ur laptop and a USB .....do it on the road theres lots of free WiFi

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Take ur laptop and a USB .....do it on the road theres lots of free WiFi

You bet but would be nice to have it done before in case it does something nasty.

Back