Torsions - Are they the same part in 97 - ~04 models? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Torsions - Are they the same part in 97 - ~04 models?

explorer-aus

Reaction score
City, State
Melbourne, Victoria
Year, Model & Trim Level
1997 - Explorer XLT SOHC
Are the Torsion bars the same part in the second and third gen explorers? Or are the newer explorers with both front and rear IS different? I want to replace my torsion bars with new ones, but Ford Australia does not supply parts for first gen explorers without ridiculous price tags.

Third gens and up use struts, second gens are the only ones with torsion bars. If you want to, you can always go coilover...

Edit: Well, I consider the 01-05 Sport Tracs and the 01-03 Sports as second gens still, so you can always look at them too. Sport Tracs have the stiffest bars, by the way.

Third gens and up use struts, second gens are the only ones with torsion bars. If you want to, you can always go coilover...

Edit: Well, I consider the 01-05 Sport Tracs and the 01-03 Sports as second gens still, so you can always look at them too. Sport Tracs have the stiffest bars, by the way.

Ah, i see! Well Sport Tracs and Sports wernt sold here so there goes that plan. Guess i'll have to scab it off a older model or try hunt a new one.

Back