• Register Today It's free!

Headers for the 5.0

banbro

Reaction score
City, State
Newport News, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
1996 XLT V8
Okay, I know there have been discussions on this in the past but I was unable to find anyone that has actually put headers on thier 5.0 X.

My exhaust leak on the RH manifold has gotten so bad that I cannot stand it anymore. After pulling the manifold the leak appears to be coming from between the stainless and cast iron. Ford has now re-designed these manifolds but they are $400 per side... I could almost have a set of custom headers built for that price.

Anyway, does anyone have any additional information about headers for the beast? There was talk of headers being made for other vehicles that would work but I have not had any success finding which headers those are.

Thanks for any info you can share...

Brock
'96 XLT 5.0

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

headers

For a ninety six you should be able to get them form Ford Motorsport. I founs them for yours but not for a 98 GT40P heads.

i have troll stock headers still for his 96 if you still need them.

Would appreciate the site address for Ford Motorsport if anyone has it. Thanks Mike

Thanks, Heath!

I have an explorer V8 in my ranger with the GT-40P heads and the FRPP headers, listed only for 1996 model. The part number is M-9430-E50. The fit perfectly, I only had to weld on a fitting for the EGR tube on the pass side.

I have looked every where . where can I find them m-9430-e50 headers thanks

I got 98 ranger 5.0 out of 2001 mountaineer changed heads edelbrook on it now any body no of a headers that fit heard so much about different ones and it takes for ever to get torque monster thanks

some people say a tri-y header will work on 98 ranger is that rite . anybody

Ford Motorsport has not made those headers for nearly ten years now. Tri Y will not fit. Either get torque monster or make your own. Those are your options.

Back