What do you think about this XLT? | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What do you think about this XLT?

As I count the days down I'm still looking and not finding much.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Tomorrow I pick it up and I'm ready.

I'm adding Aviator Mirrors to the list of things I want to do to it.

Well howd it go? Wheres the new pics? If you made a new post then I havent made it that far on here yet. Hope your just enjoying and tinkering with the new toy by now.

We both had issues arise postponing the purchase. I'm going tomm morning at 10am
to pick it up.

I'm def excited to get it, clean it up and order some parts for it this weekend! lol

I'm glad everything is moving along.

Not as quickly as I would like because I'm very impatient but it's for the better.
The 2 week delay allowed me to continue the search, in which I found nothing better.

Hopefully this pans out and works for me and doesn't give me any trouble.
I can only feel comfortable knowing I'm purchasing at under value and hope for the best.

I look forward to being able to clean it up and start some small projects with it.

Just checked out the pics......Real Nice!!! :thumbsup:
Good Luck with it and enjoy it.

I will be interested in watching the headlight change...

Woops, that's already done! I have em for sale locally since I'm not a vip member here yet. I had the projectors laying around for a retrofit I was going to do in a 1992 bmw I have.
But figured I'd do the explorer with em.

I've already bought another set of oem headlights to get ready for my long term retrofit.
I haven't decided exactly what yet, But we'll see.
I might go MD2S, but I'll be doing some tweaking to the projectors/shield. I like the MH1 6.0's Shield, but the MD2S 3.0 reflector bowls, so we'll see.

Until then, here the one I've already done.

Morimoto Bi-Xenon Mini D2S 3.0 Square lenses.
With some DDMTuning 55w D2S 5000k Xenon kits.

00F0F_8Kn0pA1kuJu_600x450.jpg

00303_1S1atmDHNti_600x450.jpg

00z0z_dW6pEPkKM0i_600x450.jpg

How do they compare to the stock ones? I am looking for something that is significantly brighter (whiter.) But I am not a big fan of the "shadow line" that projector beams typically throw.

I also am wanting to change all of my interior lights, license plate lights and puddle lights over to white LEDs. Just not sure if I can just change the bulbs or if I need different relays/fuses.

Their 100x better.

Shadow line? The cut off?
It's extremely important because of the increase in amount of light, that it puts it on the road but doesn't blind oncoming drivers.

That's actu ally something I love, a super sharp cut off with a tinge of colorband.

Ie. Stock halogen 5ww 9005 outputs what, 1200 lumens?
I'll have to search and double check.
The d2s xenon bulb puts out 5,000 lumens...
it's 5000k so it's a super white and is so much for comfortable to drive with at night because it's a much more evenly spread pattern of light on the road.

I'll try and get some videosleep up but
check out

Theretrofitsource.Com for parts and their forum
hidplanet.com

Back