Are They Building Them Yet | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Are They Building Them Yet

Crazy I agree...

Smart move on Ford's part. Keep the exposure on launch small and containable. Lessons learned from dumping the MFT on the market in 2011.

Why would they risk putting it in the F150 or Explorer too soon?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Smart move on Ford's part. Keep the exposure on launch small and containable. Lessons learned from dumping the MFT on the market in 2011.

Why would they risk putting it in the F150 or Explorer too soon?

My thought would be to put MFT on the SYNC3 hardware in the Job1 2016 models then update the 16 model year owners free of charge when the engineers feel SYNC 3 is "Ok to sell"

There have been several articles on the automotive websites critical of the launch of 16 model year vehicles with legacy hardware that's not upgradable.

The refreshed Edge was one of them.

Went to a Ford dealer today to talk about leasing a 16 Sport. He went into the computer system and saw that half of the dealer orders have already been produced, but the delivery date shows TBD. He looked up other new orders, the 2016 Fusion to be exact, and they show various June delivery dates. So he doesn't think they'll be available in June yet.

He said the dealership did get trained on the 16 Explorer three weeks ago with a pre-production model.

Hope this helps anyone wondering when the 16s are arriving.

Went to a Ford dealer today to talk about leasing a 16 Sport. He went into the computer system and saw that half of the dealer orders have already been produced, but the delivery date shows TBD. He looked up other new orders, the 2016 Fusion to be exact, and they show various June delivery dates. So he doesn't think they'll be available in June yet.

He said the dealership did get trained on the 16 Explorer three weeks ago with a pre-production model.

Hope this helps anyone wondering when the 16s are arriving.

I've been following my local dealers online and it looks like all received 1 XLT each today.

Yes they are building and shipping

I've been following my local dealers online and it looks like all received 1 XLT each today.

I passed a transport on the highway today that had four 2016 Ex's on board. Looked like a mix of XLT's and Limited.

my local dealer "shows" they have 3 but i'd be surprised if they were on the ground.... I'll drive by on my way home today.

Saw a white limited on hiway today .and
A magnetic sport at a dealership near st.Louis.

I wonder if that white limited is one of the pre-production trainers that is going to every dealership before release.

Saw a white limited on hiway today .and
A magnetic sport at a dealership near st.Louis.

They had 4 or 5 at my dealership near Chicago. 1 was a sport and the others I think were all XLTs. Got them in this week.

Time to finalize which model/options I want.

I did not go to this dealership but they got at least two of them....

2016 Explorer XLT

One of the benefits of being close to the factory that they're being built in! :thumbsup:

I saw on another site that the NYC area should be getting them June 11th.

They had 4 or 5 at my dealership near Chicago. 1 was a sport and the others I think were all XLTs. Got them in this week.

Time to finalize which model/options I want.

I did not go to this dealership but they got at least two of them....

2016 Explorer XLT

Yes. That and our hockey team.:)

I really wanted to buy the white sport. Had all the options I would want if I get the sport model.

My wife does not want the sport however so I left without it. Still debating if I should go "cheap" and get an XLT or wait for Platinum.

One of the benefits of being close to the factory that they're being built in! :thumbsup:

I saw on another site that the NYC area should be getting them June 11th.

"Plant hold" for my vehicle. Sigh. Black Limited 4cyl

What does" plant hold " mean ?
Just that. It is being held at the factory for some reason. Could be something that needs to be fixed before it is released. That happened with some 2011 models that had issues with the seats. After production was completed, they ended up going back in to have them repaired.

Peter

Or maybe by some miracle they're throwing in Sync3? One can only dream. :D

Just that. It is being held at the factory for some reason. Could be something that needs to be fixed before it is released. That happened with some 2011 models that had issues with the seats. After production was completed, they ended up going back in to have them repaired.

Peter

^^ keep dreaming :)

My dealer just provided me with my VIN and build date of June 15th in Chicago, IL. Since I'm in southeast Wisconsin he is anticipating the vehicle arriving in late June. I ordered a black base level 2016 Explorer on May 1st. Can't wait, just in time for 4th of July road trip!

My dealer just provided me with my VIN and build date of June 15th in Chicago, IL. Since I'm in southeast Wisconsin he is anticipating the vehicle arriving in late June. I ordered a black base level 2016 Explorer on May 1st. Can't wait, just in time for 4th of July road trip!
Have you pulled up your Window Sticker yet? The build date is also shown on it.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Have you pulled up your Window Sticker yet? The build date is also shown on it.

Peter

According to the sticky thread on finding your window sticker, they are generally available about 5 days before the build date. So hopefully around the 10th it will be available :)

Back