• Register Today It's free!

What's the "process"?

Fordgrl99

Reaction score
City, State
Unionville Center, OH
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Explorer XLT
Can someone help me understand the steps or process that a vehicle goes through when ordered? For example, Crystal informed me today that my XLT went into production TODAY (woo-hoo...I think?). Does that mean it's actually started being BUILT today? Or does this just mean that the order (already accepted) is now going through whatever process it goes through to get to the build stage?? Hope I don't sound like an idiot... lol Anyway, I don't want to pester Crystal again...I'm sure she has plenty of other folks to help!...so thought maybe someone else on here would know and could make me an informed person. :) Also, I checked on my window sticker and it's not yet available, either...which is another reason I'm assuming that entering production does not mean it's actually being built...?

TIA!

Can someone help me understand the steps or process that a vehicle goes through when ordered? For example, Crystal informed me today that my XLT went into production TODAY (woo-hoo...I think?). Does that mean it's actually started being BUILT today? Or does this just mean that the order (already accepted) is now going through whatever process it goes through to get to the build stage?? Hope I don't sound like an idiot... lol Anyway, I don't want to pester Crystal again...I'm sure she has plenty of other folks to help!...so thought maybe someone else on here would know and could make me an informed person. :) Also, I checked on my window sticker and it's not yet available, either...which is another reason I'm assuming that entering production does not mean it's actually being built...?

TIA!

Hey Fordgrl99!

When an order first enters production and is received at the assembly plant, vehicles are "batched" together based on similar features and options. They are then built at the plant manager's discretion to allow for improved efficiency and quality during manufacturing. This also means that less time is spent re-configuring the line. So, while your specific order has entered production, it may still be a few days before it is actually built. When you check back in with me for updates, I'll be able to see when your Explorer is actually produced.

I hope this helps! :)

Crystal

Hey Fordgrl99!

When an order first enters production and is received at the assembly plant, vehicles are "batched" together based on similar features and options. They are then built at the plant manager's discretion to allow for improved efficiency and quality during manufacturing. This also means that less time is spent re-configuring the line. So, while your specific order has entered production, it may still be a few days before it is actually built. When you check back in with me for updates, I'll be able to see when your Explorer is actually produced.

I hope this helps! :)

Crystal

Yep, that helps! Thanks, Crystal!

Back