Shackles | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Shackles

Great find Valas! :thumbsup: They look beefy and are actually cheaper than Warrior 153's from Amazon U.S. Problem solved maybe?

i try and help any way i can. just paying it forward for the help i get

they also have ad a leaf on UK ebay for about same price

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

They are listed on the UK site but it does t look like they will ship here

It won't allow me to complete as the UK isn't listed on their international shipping policy?

I have spoken with a guy here who will fabricate the 2 inch rise shackle by the end of the week so sorted I hope!!

Should have my shackles and grade 8.8 bolts tomorrow

Here is a pic of mine with 2" lift shackles made by kevp. I fitted the shackles then wound the front torsion bars to match. Kev p also supplied a bracket to alter the position of the ride height sensor for the ARC system so this is aldo something to consider.
P1010346.jpg

Hi again
The bracket for the ride height sensor is it needed? If so what would be the outcome for not fitting it?

Hi again
The bracket for the ride height sensor is it needed? If so what would be the outcome for not fitting it?

If you lift the rear somewhat, the sensor will think it is too high and will try lower it by deflating the air shocks some. So it will drop the rear back down and the shocks will be softer.

The bracket is just a plate with a couple of mounting holes and then a couple of holes to remount the sensor 1 1/2" higher up.

Back