The Ford order/build/deliver timeline. | Page 9 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

The Ford order/build/deliver timeline.

Hey everyone, it has been interesting reading through this thread.. I ordered my 2016 XLT at the end of August. I had my VIN pretty soon after and I can see from the sticker that assembly and testing went through early to mid Sept.. Other than that I have got no information on where my XLT is ? I was told that is would be ready around the 11th of OCT which I thought might be a stretch, but now we are 5 weeks past that date and I'm starting to get annoyed with the lack of information.

Now if I already owned a car I would be probably ok with this, but as an expat, I cam currently renting a car and these delays are costing me a fortune.... So if [MENTION=157968]FordService[/MENTION] if you can help me shed some light on where the XLT is, that would be much appreciated.. With Xmas coming I have family travelling to the USA and I need the 7 seats :) The poor old rental just ain't going to cut it up through the Cascades..

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

After the car is built what has been the average time that the car sit in the lot before being shipped

Hey everyone, it has been interesting reading through this thread.. I ordered my 2016 XLT at the end of August. I had my VIN pretty soon after and I can see from the sticker that assembly and testing went through early to mid Sept.. Other than that I have got no information on where my XLT is ? I was told that is would be ready around the 11th of OCT which I thought might be a stretch, but now we are 5 weeks past that date and I'm starting to get annoyed with the lack of information.

Now if I already owned a car I would be probably ok with this, but as an expat, I cam currently renting a car and these delays are costing me a fortune.... So if [MENTION=157968]FordService[/MENTION] if you can help me shed some light on where the XLT is, that would be much appreciated.. With Xmas coming I have family travelling to the USA and I need the 7 seats :) The poor old rental just ain't going to cut it up through the Cascades..

Omg, Thats crazy , too long wait

So just a quick update. A customer service rep reached out to me via the explorer facebook page. They can see it is in transit to dealer but no ETA. They asked to contact again early next to try and get an eta.

So just a quick update. A customer service rep reached out to me via the explorer facebook page. They can see it is in transit to dealer but no ETA. They asked to contact again early next to try and get an eta.

I also ordered my XLT at the end of the August. The actual build day is Nov.7th. Now it is in transit to dealer near Toronto with ETA on Nov.25th.

I'm guessing that number is what is called the DORA. See; http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showpost.php?p=3480383&postcount=147
If you PM FordService you can give them that number to help them track your order. It might still be too early for yours but worth a try.

Peter
Thanks for the mention, peterk9! :thumbsup:

i got a 4 digit number from my dealer today. what do i do now?

I also ordered my XLT at the end of the August. The actual build day is Nov.7th. Now it is in transit to dealer near Toronto with ETA on Nov.25th.
Thanks for the update, guys!

I’ve replied to your messages. Please check your inbox when you get a chance. ;)

If you live in Canada, have no fear because we have support for our Canadian customers also! For future reference, you can contact my FordServiceCA colleagues, here.They will be happy to check the status of your order, and provide the latest update.

Have a wonderful day! :D

Tricia

Is there a way to view the window sticker? Every website I try to enter my VIN to view a window sticker doesn't work.

Is there a way to view the window sticker? Every website I try to enter my VIN to view a window sticker doesn't work.

Yeah I'm running into the same issue even though I had my sticker issued months ago.. A ford rep told me there are some tech issues regarding the online sticker generator.. You'll probably find all the different website reference the same set of APIs to generate the sticker.

Yeah I'm running into the same issue even though I had my sticker issued months ago.. A ford rep told me there are some tech issues regarding the online sticker generator.. You'll probably find all the different website reference the same set of APIs to generate the sticker.
The link I added did work a while ago but now also seems to no longer work. I have a feeling that this may not be a temporary issue. I hope I'm wrong.

Peter

I ran my vin at both the Ken Wilson Ford link and researchmaniacs and it gave me my windows sticker on both sites. My was built on November 9th.

I ran my vin at both the Ken Wilson Ford link and researchmaniacs and it gave me my windows sticker on both sites. My was built on November 9th.
When did you last try them? I tried them both yesterday and this morning and neither work. Ken Wilson link did work a few weeks ago. Here is what comes up now.

Please check back later.
The Window Sticker has not yet been released for this vehicle.

Peter

Just tried mine on research maniacs and it still works

Just tried mine on research maniacs and it still works
Just tried it and get the same message I posted above.

Peter

It is really strange. I just pulled up my Explorer on both sites just now. I had got both of them right before I posted my previous time. How weird.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

It is really strange. I just pulled up my Explorer on both sites just now. I had got both of them right before I posted my previous time. How weird.
I wonder if it has anything to do with the geographical location of where the request is coming from? I just tried the Ken Wilson link again without success. I tried the 2nd link in the first post and received the HTTP 400 error and the 1st link says, "The Ford, Lincoln or Mercury vehicle window sticker you are attempting to access has recently moved." You then have to select from 3 options. When trying to find a dealer, the forum requests State or Zip Code. Thus it appears it is limited to U.S. addresses only.

Have any Canadian members been able to use any of the 3 links to retrieve their Window Sticker lately?

Peter

Back