XLT / Sport Appearance Package | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

XLT / Sport Appearance Package

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I would of definitely gotten this if it was offered when I leased my XLT back in November. I love the look of my grey XLT except for the baby wheels, they look way too small and the color on the wheels stick out. Love the sports wheels and the emblem on the hood but I could do without the thirstier motor and the huge price increase. I'm thinking of rattle canning my wheels gunmetal with the peel off stuff come spring time.

So the people that actually spring for the money to buy a sport for that sport look get to have their endeavors watered down by a vehicle that looks like, but isn't the real thing

So the people that actually spring for the money to buy a sport for that sport look get to have their endeavors watered down by a vehicle that looks like, but isn't the real thing

Yeah, all auto manufacturers do it. Used to be they would not roll out the sport look package until 2 years into the life-cycle of a high performance vehicle. Now you see car makers rolling out the appearance packages along with the new higher performance model.

I think they found it did not gut sales. People who want HP want it no matter.

Yeah, I remember back when Cadillac started selling the Seville SLS with the "STS Appearance Package".

It is now a "Sport Appearance Package"....not an "XLT Appearance Package. Might want to unmerge the threads since they are two different things.

It is now a "Sport Appearance Package"....not an "XLT Appearance Package. Might want to unmerge the threads since they are two different things.
Looks like just a change in name since it seems to offer the same thing. I'll leave it and see what the 2017 Order Guide says when it comes out. Edited the title. Thanks.

Peter

2017 Sport Appearance Package -vs- 2017 Sport

Anybody know what the visual difference between these two trim types will be? Irregardless of internals, such as suspension and motor, etc., the only visual indicators I can figure out is the wheels, exhaust ports and badge. Is there anything else I'm missing?

Anybody know what the visual difference between these two trim types will be? Irregardless of internals, such as suspension and motor, etc., the only visual indicators I can figure out is the wheels, exhaust ports and badge. Is there anything else I'm missing?

I think the XLT AP is trimmed in dark gray colors instead of black.
The wheels seem to be painted completely with the same gray color, without the black/ aluminum highlights of the sport wheels.
It looks similar to the Sport, but definitely not the same.

You may be interested in checking the link in post 36.

Peter

You may be interested in checking the link in post 36.

Peter

already read through the old posts but still didn't answer the question.

All show no go...I'll stick with my Sport :D
On a serious note, this is a good way to increase sales, as other manufacturers have been doing it for ages (BMW and MB as an example with their M and AMG appearance packages).

All show no go...I'll stick with my Sport :D
On a serious note, this is a good way to increase sales, as other manufacturers have been doing it for ages (BMW and MB as an example with their M and AMG appearance packages).
If that is the case, and it may well be, I wonder why they dropped it for the 2016 model year after it was introduced in 2015?

Peter

If that is the case, and it may well be, I wonder why they dropped it for the 2016 model year after it was introduced in 2015?

Peter

I imagine they dropped the Sport appearance option due to the newly released Platinum trim as being something new and exciting to focus on (pun intended).

Back