How much is a 1998 worth? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

How much is a 1998 worth?

Paid $1,300 for my 99 EB 2wd v8 almost 2 years ago...

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Paid 3200 for my 98 Eddie Bauer last fall. V8 AWD no rust and the original owner. It had new tires and new brakes and a tune up so I paid a little more. If it didn't have the new tires I would have paid less for it. Like 2700 maybe.

Condition is a big factor but so is location. I'd imagine that it's worth more in NYC than the midwest. You might get more realistic price figures from Craigslist rather than car seller sites and magazines for something this old as they're often sellers with unrealistically high prices on something this common.

Remember that if you aren't in a rush, you can always ask more now and drop the price later. It might get more interest right before winter/snow.

I paid 3k for mine due to a few factors.

Condition was the best of all the ones I looked at.
It was one owner.
Just had a complete tuneup including fresh tires.
Everything still works. It even had the cargo cover still.
Plus it was a 5.0 and for whatever reason its a ton of v6 for sale here in Texas.

A vehicle is always worth much more to its current owner/seller than it is to a potential purchaser!

I wouldn't sell my '99 Mounty (5.0 AWD) for less than $3500 because of all the work and new parts I've put into it. On the other hand, I wouldn't pay more than $2000 for it. I bought it for $1500 2.5 years ago and it's my trusty daily driver.

Back