Disabling traction control permanently on a 2016? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Disabling traction control permanently on a 2016?

HUH. I'd be curious as to see what's in the programing - I found all the devices I test drove were way more responsive and shifted quicker and higher up the RPM band in sport mode. I suspect it has some affect on the stability system.

HUH. I'd be curious as to see what's in the programing - I found all the devices I test drove were way more responsive and shifted quicker and higher up the RPM band in sport mode. I suspect it has some affect on the stability system.
It only shifts at higher rpm at part throttle. At WOT, holding the gears longer will just slow it down. It has a ton of torque in the mid-range and it rolls off hard at high rpm, so holding the gear longer would just slow it down. It does shift a little firmer, but back to back runs at the track showed no difference in ET. My quickest run was when I forgot to put it in Sport mode and I ran it in normal mode and it was almost 0.2 quicker. At the end of the night I did two back to back runs and it was identical. 14.702 and then 14.704. My 14.56 and 14.58 was in normal mode. It ran a bunch of 14.69's and 14.70's in normal and sport mode. I am not sure why it decided to run so much quicker on those two runs. I swear I launched it the same. A buddy with an F150 said his truck with the 3.5EB was really inconsistent before he tuned it.

Back