2017 ordering | Page 8 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2017 ordering

Here are the pics from this week's Smoked Graphite Sport build.

Ford%20Ex%202017%20Sport2.jpg
Are you sure that isn't Smoked Quartz? There is no Smoked Graphite listed for the 2017 model per the order guide.

Peter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Are you sure that isn't Smoked Quartz? There is no Smoked Graphite listed for the 2017 model per the order guide.

Peter

Yup Smoked Quartz, not Graphite

I'm also unscheduled as of today. :(

Finally got a vin #...... The plant got the order but that's it so far.......

Last tracking I've seen places it at a point where I expect it to be transferred to truck imminently. If there are no pickups at the depot today, perhaps early-mid next week for delivery.

Anyone consider the Ruby Red....my lease is up Fall of '17 and I'm looking to get a Sport....curious about the Ruby Red . . .

Thanks for the links Peter....I've been building and pricing for a while and you're absolutely correct, the Ruby Red on the site does NOT do it justice....I think you've helped me make up my mind!!!

Did you get it from the dealer?

Lucky. My dealer says there is no way to get a Vin at this point. Lmao

Lucky. My dealer says there is no way to get a Vin at this point. Lmao

Well the way it was explained to me was the vin# comes the day the order is submitted by ford corporate to the plant where the vehicle is made........ It takes a few days after that to be able to get a window sticker from the Internet. (COUTS or Research Mainiacs). I haven't been able to get a copy of the Window Sticker yet since I just got the vin Friday and the office people do not work on the weekends..... Then the factory has to schedule your build at the plant, which could take days or weeks depending on vehicle production demand at the plant. My next hurdle to face is when the vehicle is "Bucked" on the plant floor..... At that point it's just days away from being built...... Then it goes to transport where it could ship right out, or set for days or weeks in train yards and trucking company's. If someone knows any thing else jump right in here and have a drink while we get drunk waiting......

My 2017 is at the dealer, taking delivery this afternoon!

Ordered a Platinum on April 6th, Just got my VIN this morning. Not sure why it took so long to get it released. Hope it doesn't take too long to get a build date.

Ordered a Platinum on April 6th, Just got my VIN this morning. Not sure why it took so long to get it released. Hope it doesn't take too long to get a build date.

Well looks like there are a few of us waiting.......... Waiter another round of drinks....

Please post your pictures!!

I ordered my 2017 Sport 5/25 7 got vin right away....still no sticker

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back