Sirius Services Issue | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sirius Services Issue

exilepa

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2013 Ruby Red Sport
Okay, hoping someone can help me out here or shed some light on hot to fix the issue. I let mey Sirius 6 month trial run out and I'm assuming that also killed the weather/traffic and all of that with Sync. Well I renewed my Sirius a couple of weeks ago and notice that it no longer pulls up gas prices, traffic, weather map, etc. anymore. I checked the syncmyride.com website and it shows that we get 3 years free complimentary. I called Sirius and they want to charge me $138 a year to get this turned back on (way overpcied regardless! After much going back and forth they don't see it in their system as being free for 3 years and won't re-activate the service. Any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The 3 years is different then what Sirius provides with the 6 month satellite subscription. Sirius provides the gas prices, weather and traffic maps. I renewed mine minus the traffic for $2.00 per month plus my satellite radio service.

The sync 3 year service, gets you the directions, the live operator, the favorites and etc..

You do get 3 yr complimentary Sync Services but I recall it saying that you must renew it each year of those 3 years. Could this be your problem?

Okay, hoping someone can help me out here or shed some light on hot to fix the issue. I let mey Sirius 6 month trial run out and I'm assuming that also killed the weather/traffic and all of that with Sync. Well I renewed my Sirius a couple of weeks ago and notice that it no longer pulls up gas prices, traffic, weather map, etc. anymore. I checked the syncmyride.com website and it shows that we get 3 years free complimentary. I called Sirius and they want to charge me $138 a year to get this turned back on (way overpcied regardless! After much going back and forth they don't see it in their system as being free for 3 years and won't re-activate the service. Any ideas?

Hi, exilepa!

As spawnman stated, the three years of complimentary SYNC Services is different than SiriusXM Travel Link and SiriusXM Radio. I believe you get a six month free trial for both SiriusXM subscriptions. If you would like to read more about what SYNC Services is, please click on the following link:

http://www.syncmyride.com/Own/Modules/FaqManagement/FaqDetail.aspx?faqId=2

Let me know if you have any questions!

Rebecca

Gosh I love it. I'm in love with my new Explorer. :) Btw, the 6 month trial of sirius seems to not be the all access package which is ridiculous.

I may jumped the gun. I am hoping the full trial has not downloaded since i set it up this am. My favorite station road trip radio on 300 or 301 was not available so i got salty.

Negotiate, negotiate, negotiate or cancel if you can and watch Sirrius hound you to give you everything for $30 to 40 for 6 months including traffic and all. I have been doing that since 2013 with my Ex

Back