Sync Services - for what? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync Services - for what?

I guess I have another question. Since I ONLY have Sync with My Ford and NOT MFT can you still download and send directions from your computer to your car? Or how does it work to get directions to your car without MFT. I do not have a smart phone, just a basic cell and it works fine with my 2013 Explorer. I am thinking about upgrading to an iPhone which the Sync site says will work with my car.

If I sign up for Sync service do they send you cheat sheets for the voice commands for your car. Or something to help you use the services because there is a lot of stuff and a lot of voice commands?

Thank you FORDIVTTEAM!

You're welcome. :)

Rebecca, Jim will suffice. I saw a video where if you did not have NAV on your MFT, you could go to Mapquest ( since google is no longer avail), punch in a destination, and download it to the MFT. Now, with that being said, the demo actually shows a NAV map from mapquest from start to finish, and voice directions. It's the actual mapquest map I am trying to get displayed.

The video you linked to in the other post is of our Next Generation navigation system, not MFT. Here is a video of how it will look if you have MFT without navigation:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqfcGEk8ZkI

The map does not show up on the screen, but the turns do.

I guess I have another question. Since I ONLY have Sync with My Ford and NOT MFT can you still download and send directions from your computer to your car? Or how does it work to get directions to your car without MFT. I do not have a smart phone, just a basic cell and it works fine with my 2013 Explorer. I am thinking about upgrading to an iPhone which the Sync site says will work with my car.

If I sign up for Sync service do they send you cheat sheets for the voice commands for your car. Or something to help you use the services because there is a lot of stuff and a lot of voice commands?

You can still download direction if you don't have MyFord Touch. Check out this link for voice commands and how to use SYNC Services (with SYNC and SYNC with MyFord):

http://support.ford.com/topics/sync-technology-sync#topic-item-3

I'll be in training for the rest of the day, so I'll respond in the morning to any other questions you guys have. Enjoy your day!

Rebecca

Back