HID Conversion Comparisons | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HID Conversion Comparisons

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i doubt anyone on this board has had the opportunity to see both. they are very expensive and i doubt someone would buy both kits just to compare them. a few people have the HID conversions, and they show you how bright they are compared to stock, but that is probably the extent in which they can show you a comparison. unless you can find two memebers that have both and live near each other and are willing to compare. gooc luck

jssong.....

yes, that is probably true......was just curious as to what people have heard about these two kits........good, bad, quality of parts, any problems.

anyone that has installed it will probably say itz the best lighting mod they have done and worth the money.. anyone that doesnt have the money will probably say it looks cool but not worth it.. lol.. good luck

Hello, I have the Phillips HID conversion. And yes they are GREAT! However, you do loose the High beams. And Yes the low beams are very, very bright! However, when you are on the country road by your self I love a long throwing light. So you really need to add Aux lighting for the high or lonly road. I am going to replace my fog lights with Pencle beams. I don't want to add any additional lights. I want to keep the slick stock look.

I would still recomend that if you find a good deal get the TRUE HID CONVERSION. They are worth it for me anyway.

Black Magic....

where did you get the Philpps HID from and for how much? What color do they put out......pure white, blue tint, purplish tint?

I got mine from a buddie that sells performance import stuff. I got a deal for $200. They are the Phillips brand and the light is great. The color is White with the HID blue gleam to it. Not very much purple, just a some angles there is more purple.

hid_install_046.gif

black magic, your lights look great...friend of mine has philips too, those things rock. funny you mention wanting to keep the "slick stock look" though, i think the explorer's are damn ugly stock, and that's why i do all in my power to modify it. just my opinion though.

black magic...

aren't the philips bulbs rated at 4300K? Even at this scale, they still put out a pure white light?

I have the eaglelite kit... I posted pics a few weeks ago. Yes, personally it was the best thing i have ever purchased for my car. Eaglelite was very easy to install, and a great deal. I don't know of other kits that you can get, but im sure they are all the same...they use ballasts made by the same company probably, and the bulbs are usually almost identical...i doubt you would notice a difference between two different kits...

Originally posted by Black Magic

I got mine from a buddie that sells performance import stuff. I got a deal for $200. They are the Phillips brand and the light is great. The color is White with the HID blue gleam to it. Not very much purple, just a some angles there is more purple.

hid_install_046.gif

$200? I thought they're worth way more than that like around $700. Can ur friend hook me up?

For your reference

3200K+ is like tungsten light, it's yellow.
4300K+ approaches sunlight, it's white.
6500K is sunlight, it's blue.

what about the 8000 kelvin ones? they advertised it.. but i never believed they could have 8000... they have it on ebay.. any ideas?

First off Ebay is very unreliable. Hell I even have a few friends that sell all their broken crap on it. As for 8000K...well that is 1500 Kelvin brighter than the color temp. of sunlight, which is blue. So I'm guessing either there is no such thing as 8000K, or it's purple.

they have a blue white and purple one i think.. not sure

I have seen the 8000's advertized on sites. They are purpley. I want to get the headlights from the 02 4-door and use my 4300's for driving and some 6500's for the bright's that would be so damn awesome. I am also looking for YELLOW 9005's for the fog lights.

Originally posted by 2002limited
They actually make 10K HID kits nowadays. I came across it at
http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/lowbeamonhid.html

I went ahead and ordered the Eaglite kit from them and will install them in my 02 X. Will try to post some pictures once I receive the kit and install it.

I know of an importer who imports the same HID Plus 7500K kit. Sportsimportsltd sells it for $520.95. I'm going to pay this importer I know a visit to see if we can get some better pricing. I think they have 9004 and 9007 that is plug and play for most Explorers.

Anyone interested, let me know. Maybe we can get some better price if we have more people. :p

i would be interested to see what price you could get for the 9004 HID conversion kit.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

One of my buddy bought a 9007 7500K kit from them for like $450. He put it in his fixed up monstrous F250 and it's hella nice and bright blue hue. Hopefully, I can do better. :D

I'm going to drop by after work, so I'll keep you guys posted.

Back