Cross traffic is almost worthless

Tony407

Reaction score
City, State
Portland, OR
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 Ford Explorer Sport
Did a search. Zero results.

The cross traffic alert on my XSport is screwball. About 50% of the time it gives me false alarms with no evidence of any traffic near me, both to the right and left. So basically I ignore it, which defeats the purpose.

Is this normal? Are others having issues?

Tony

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Did a search. Zero results.

The cross traffic alert on my XSport is screwball. About 50% of the time it gives me false alarms with no evidence of any traffic near me, both to the right and left. So basically I ignore it, which defeats the purpose.

Is this normal? Are others having issues?

Tony

Hi Tony,

I posted on your other thread as well, but wanted to make sure I reached out to you here, too. I recommend having your dealership inspect. If you decide to head in, let me know and I'll get this in front of your regional customer service manager. :thumbsup:

Crystal

It's not just you. Mine does the same thing. At least in this case compared to BLIS, i only get false positives. I have not seen an issue where a car was coming and it didn't alert me. However, just like the BLIS, the range makes it kinda useless. It only has some value in a parking lot where cars are going 5mph.

I believe this system to work well in my vehicle. I do get false positives often but never no notification when there really is traffic coming that I can recall.

I'd rather have it than not. If it could be upgraded to have less false positives but still be accurate when it counts is be all for it.

Just out of curiosity, how many of you get an alert when there's absolutely NOTHING to alert about? Mine does this quite frequently. It does however never miss any cross traffic, but there's a LOT of false alarms.

I stopped by the dealership and asked if they could adjust the sensitivity, to which they replied there wasn't anything to adjust. Has this been everyones' experience? I don't trust them to know what they're talking about.

Tony

Just out of curiosity, how many of you get an alert when there's absolutely NOTHING to alert about? Mine does this quite frequently. It does however never miss any cross traffic, but there's a LOT of false alarms.

I stopped by the dealership and asked if they could adjust the sensitivity, to which they replied there wasn't anything to adjust. Has this been everyones' experience? I don't trust them to know what they're talking about.

Tony
I believe they are correct. There is also nothing in the Manual about. I sometimes get an alert when backing out of the garage because the is a shrub next to the driveway. It doesn't do it all the time.

Peter

Is there at least a way to turn down the volume? I've looked through the manual and of course all the vehicle settings but can't seem to find anything.

Tony

Is there at least a way to turn down the volume? I've looked through the manual and of course all the vehicle settings but can't seem to find anything.

Tony
I'm quite sure that would be a NO. I think that was asked by another member some time ago.

Back