HELP!!!.... How to junp start a 2016 Platinum? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HELP!!!.... How to junp start a 2016 Platinum?

mattt9998

Reaction score
City, State
Rochester,NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2016 Platinum
Hi,

I have a dead battery, nothing was left on as far as I know. I used the key inside of the key fob to get into the car, and attached a battery pack jumper. Is there a backup key ignition slot somewhere?

I see no mention of one if the book. I have the jumper connected correct, it has a full charge and is able to jump start my dead lawn mower with no issues. I get no interior lights, and obviously cant start it with the electronic push button start.

What should I do?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds like you have bigger problems then jumping a battery.

Can you jump it using another car instead?

Sounds like you have bigger problems then jumping a battery.

Can you jump it using another car instead?

I dont have another car at home at the moment, wife leaves before I do, I have AAA on the way with a battery. Am willing to pay for the battery just so I dont have to deal with getting towed and waiting for dealer service. I sort of need to get to work ASAP. Of course this had to happen on the worst day possible. Such is life I guess

Maybe try holding the fob to the start button and push the start button. This is typically used for when the battery in the FOB dies but maybe it will work for your dead vehicle battery.

Hi, Figured I would give an update. The issue is resolved. AAA service person was able to find a loose ground wire located under the front right side corner of the battery. He was able to get that tightened up, and it started right up.

Thank you for your replies. I love this forum.

Hi, Figured I would give an update. The issue is resolved. AAA service person was able to find a loose ground wire located under the front right side corner of the battery. He was able to get that tightened up, and it started right up.

Thank you for your replies. I love this forum.

Interesting. Can you snap a pic of where it came loose?

Ground wires coming loose on a new vehicle is weird.

Hi,

I have a dead battery, nothing was left on as far as I know. I used the key inside of the key fob to get into the car, and attached a battery pack jumper. Is there a backup key ignition slot somewhere?

I see no mention of one if the book. I have the jumper connected correct, it has a full charge and is able to jump start my dead lawn mower with no issues. I get no interior lights, and obviously cant start it with the electronic push button start.

What should I do?
See page 164 in your Owner's Manual for future reference.

Peter

Back