Engine is in, two unknown ground wires? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Engine is in, two unknown ground wires?

AGodlyCanuck

Reaction score
City, State
Nelson, BC. Canada
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Explorer 4dr 4x4 XLT
My engine is in however I cannot find a home for these two wires. The powers steering pump puked at some point and the wiring harness is coated with what looks like old ATF so I am assuming they're homes are in the driver's side. But I can't find where... And the Hanes manual is confusing as fk.

Any help?

15377372321921083878823.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Both of those look like they go to the starter and supply power. Follow them back to see where they come from.

They definitely are... Only just a little bit embarrassing lol

It's all good. Its better to ask before grounding them and arc welding your battery terminals lol

Well since you're here and I forgot when I took it off. I have three terminals on my starter and two wires. Where exactly do they go on here?

153774033435047847875.jpg

The little one is signal ...little wire
The one with the loose jam nut is the battery wire
The one that is close to the starter motor itself is the starter motor positive no need to mess with that one

Little wire goes to empty 10mm nut, big wire goes to empty 13mm nut. Big wire supplies the power to starter and little one is signal to fire the starter.

When I saw it, my first thought is that grounds are not usually red.
(From the factory)

Back