Can lincoln Mark viii radiator be used | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can lincoln Mark viii radiator be used

Exploring XLT

Never Stop Explorering
Elite Explorer
Reaction score
City, State
Stony Plain
Year, Model & Trim Level
93 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD
Can the mark viii radiator be used as well as the fan? Just grabbed the fan from the junkyard, should I grab the radiator as well? Both the lincoln and my Explorer have auto trans with coolers in radiator.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Too wide

kk, thank you for the quick reply, any advice on how to install the fan into the Explorer?

Fan is home, need the fan clutch removal tool to get the old one out so that I can start, has anyone done this in the first gen Explorers? If so, what all did you do to make it fit?
20190425_173503.jpg

I did my water pump in a parking lot & as I recall the fan came off easily with a pair of Channelock pliers.

I did my water pump in a parking lot & as I recall the fan came off easily with a pair of Channelock pliers.

Lucky guy! I hate dealing with fan clutches. You never know what you're gonna get. Sometimes they come right apart and most times it's a PITA.

Back