Ford didn't take advice from their own engineers - I will and YOU should too | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford didn't take advice from their own engineers - I will and YOU should too

What a bunch of utter BS! Had a B2, 3 94's & a 93 X...none of them were unstable ever.
Problems were a result of bad pressures & bad tires.
And the roll over BS was a 2nd gen problem not a 1st gen.

Lol just came back for the first time since previously posting. I'm still catching up on this thread, but overall I'm glad that I wasn't entirely perceived as being an asshole. Honestly, I want to lift mine, and do a 4x4 swap, but for now it's spending more time on road than off road so that hugely influenced my modification direction.

After doing the above recommendations and also getting up to date on maintenance (4 new KYB Excel-G shocks, poly front sway bar bushings, front wheel bearings, and inner/outer tie rod ends and a driveway alignment), I'm also happy to say the X handles much better than before.

And yes, I agree the most important part is having a safe braking system. When I got the truck the rear ABS light was on and taped over with black tape (read about that here too.. lol not a real fix). Turned out to be low fluid and a missing connector, easy fix. Replaced front rotors and pads and lines, rear line still looks good but it'll be next when I do the rear wheel bearings as well.

It seems like a lot of people got caught up on the "J Turn". Look yall, this could be as simple as it having more than one definition, or it may have just been improperly used in the article and by myself. I don't claim to be perfect, nor do I claim that my X, or any of my cars have Perfect handling. I try to find their flaws and weaknesses and improve where I can.

Lol, and yes I agree you can be a ****** bag or idiot and end up in a whole world of trouble.

Back