• Register Today It's free!

EGR boot or elbow broken

andykwells

Reaction score
City, State
Kenbridge, VA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2003 Ford Explorer XLS
Does anybody have a suggestion for what to do about a broken rubber boot/elbow coming off of the EGR valve? Can you buy replacement elbows? Any help would be appreciated. I'm not really sure what to search for.

egrboot.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Go check a salvage yard for a replacement boot

Any auto parts store vacuum boot / cap

So guys I put headers on my explorer and a flow master and all was going pretty good but now I got a code check engine light and I’m thinking it has some thing to do with the headers but it’s not running at full correctness anybody encounter this dilema allready???im in a Ford Explorer 2003 and hopefully one of you guys have past thru this obstacle allready???

So guys I put headers on my explorer and a flow master and all was going pretty good but now I got a code check engine light and I’m thinking it has some thing to do with the headers but it’s not running at full correctness anybody encounter this dilema allready???im in a Ford Explorer 2003 and hopefully one of you guys have past thru this obstacle allready???
Could be due to lack of back pressure from your new exhaust. Your car won't run correctly if its not set up for your exhaust system. Go get the code read at an auto zone.

Back