My new explorer, what kind of tires? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

My new explorer, what kind of tires?

I have 5 months and i will be the BIG 16! Can't wait. I've been savin up, and well haven't got far, but I am so pumped up to get some sweet tires for the ole X. I think as i save up, I am going to buy a 2" lift, and then save up for some tires that make a whole lot of noise. Me being 16 and all i want to be able to scare people when i drive by em, not even pressing the gas. Just the hmmmmm of the tire. Any body have any suggestions, i need the most millage, and probably won't be offroading til I get a lot more for the X. Any tips will help! My email is FordExplorerGuy1@cs.com

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

well, the bfg mud terrains make noise, and are probably one of the longest lasting mud terrains..... most of the ats are longer lasting, but wont make noise.... if you really want to make noise, get a good aftermarket muffler... like a borla, ravin, flowmaster, etc.... the exhuast will turn more heads than the aggresive stock sized tires.....

i know exactually what ya mean. i'm 16 and have a X and wanted to do the same. better be careful or all your money is going into the X.

get A/T if your not going to do much wheeling. no need for the M/T b/c your going to wear them faster on the road than the A/T.

if you want loud tires the loudest are micky thompsons . they are a soft rubber so long lasting no, but they do make a street tread. bfg mtas are a hard rubber so they last longer but unless you have killer sponsership with them you will drop coin. coopers have hard rubber and are easy on the green. but shop around. the bigger the lugs of rubber on the tire usualy the louder the sound.

have fun

Boggers are the loudest... but it'd be pretty stupid to get those.. get and a/t er a m/t and compromise... tires really dont scare anyone unless they're over 90yr old, so keep dreamin
Pete

I have boggers and i don't think i'm stupid for getting them.

I just got rid of my Mickey Thompson Baja Radials. They sucked. Less then a year and I had to get new tires. I am now driving on Dick Cepek MCII's. I love em. They are noisy, and they really do good on trails and mud.

i am 17 and i am about to buy new tires. i have been running the pep boys brand...FUTURA 31x10.50x15, and let me tell you THEY SUCK. lets see i bought em in JANUARY and it is now the end of JULY and well i need new tires. dont compramise that low. check out the general grabbers, i think i am gonna be getting those pretty soon. they look exactly like the bfg's but for a 31 your only lookin at about $100. and like Digger196 said be carefull, i am now adicted to spending money on my X and I have only had it for one year. good luck

$100/pc for Generals? That's quite pricey. Are you talking MT or AT tires???

Originally posted by Digger196
i know exactually what ya mean. i'm 16 and have a X and wanted to do the same. better be careful or all your money is going into the X.
hehehe:D i know ALL about that! but im savin to get another truck with a buddy of mine! if i wasnt my truck would somethin on it about $500! :p

kkreit01 that is a good price for 31x10.5x15. My 30x9.50x15 BFG AT's were $113 a piece.

Back