Whats your favorite Classic Car?

Soundguy01tx

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Katy, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
1991 XLT
So yeah, Im starting to look into gettin a classic fixer-up-er... I dont know what though. I like early generation Mustangs , mmm like a 67 Shelby gt, course I also like the old corvettes too... What do you guys think? What would you get if you could restore something?
My eventual goal is to buy a 55 or 57 chevy 2 door and restore it to give to my dad. Its his dream car, but he can't afford gettin one, and even if he could, there is no way he could fix it up... too busy... but he deserves it... someday...
--bryan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1969 Mustang Mach I
69mach1_1.jpg

Heck no its not mine, if it was I wouldnt spend so much time here! :D Someday................

1970 Chevelle SS LS-7 (I always forget if it is LS-7 or LS-6) and "Elanor"(sp?) from Gone in 60 Seconds and finally what I think is the greatest car ever....

The Shelby Cobra 427. You can't beat 0 to 100 to 0 in under ten seconds...

The Super cars of late are nice, but give me an original Shelby Cobra and I'll never buy another car (or truck) again.

Dave

1967 Plymouth GTX

57 Chevy

69 AMX

69 AMX -390 4v 4spd - in the Big Bad paint either Orange, Blue, or Green - Orange being my personal favorite.

a 1976 BMW 2002 Tii

This was my first car (just by chance) and eventually I would like to get another and drop a late model EFI BMW (325i) drivetrain in it. That woiuld make for one heck of a performance machine!

63 corvette split rear window

Dead Link Removed

I can't afford an original, so I built a replica of a '65 427 Cobra (NOT a kit car). British Racing Green. Mine has 435 cu in engine, Jag rear end, pin drive wheels, and as much "original" stuff as possible. 4" round tube frame, Smiths gauges, reverse handle on the shifter... I run it as hard as I possible can at PIR (2 mile road race track in Portland), still my 1:29 doesn't even seem to be moving compared to the Indycars at like :58!

For a "real" car, I'd love a '63 split window Corvette.

WOW! My 2 top favs have already been posted. '69 Mach 1 and '63 Split Window. So I will give you my 3rd:
Dead Link Removed
'56-'59 BMW 507 (the inspiration behind the Z8)

Robb

My top 2 are the 56-57 Corvette or an early Jag E type roadster. For something a little easier to find I also like any old air cooled VW.

Carl :usa:

My choice: '69 Mach 1

Love those pony cars.

My uncle has a '70 mach I with the cobra jet that I might give some attention to, but I almost still like the 69's better with the side scoops.

Porsche 550 Spyder:

s50spyder.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

1962 Opel Gt a 66 chevelle ad a 78 trans am

Back