Whats your favorite Classic Car? | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Whats your favorite Classic Car?

lol see me runnin to buy a vette? I think not... and hey, is not often you find a girlfriend who loves wheelin (not just big trucks), car shows, classics, and action movies... and shes not high mantinence... Ill live with having to appease in situations like that if thats all I have to deal with :) haha
--bryan

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

ok, this one is easy for me, seeing as how i will someday own one, lol. 1972 Chevelle SS (454) i would drive one of these no matter what color, it could be puke green,

Hmmmm... puke green, that reminds me of my dads '67 Nova. It was puke green and up the side of it, it said "The mouse that roared" with a mouse leaning on one of the letters. When he started that up outside my moms house when they were dating, it would piss my grandfather off because it would interfere with the TV.

I would like to have one of those 2003 Mach I's. Its like a classic car without the rust or carburetor.

1970 Hemi Cuda. Red with a black vinyl top please...

Elanor... that is one sweet ride... silver and black '67 Shelby GT 500... I love that car...

Yes, so sweet, and it`s Eleanor, yes my sweet Ellie, I love you honey, come to me.. mmmm. Doh! losing my mind for a bit-sorry!

Has anyone seen the original "gone in sixty seconds"?
from the seventies. Terrible acting, but the carnage, man the carnage. They wrecked so many cars in that show. If ya see it, the dude driving Eleanor got hurt pretty bad when he wipes out into that telephone pole on the highway.

I used to work in a restoration shop when I was a teen and we restored a `64 &1/2 mustang convertable in there. A COMPLETE restoration, down to the fingerprints of the original assembly line workers. Boss actually allowed me to drive it to the alignment shop. I`ll never forget it, the car was basically brand new at that point, even smelled like new. Almost kept driving, almost.
Definitely a work of art.

Not that I'm a big Chevy fan, but I saw this pristine 57 Fuelie a couple of weeks ago and had to take some pics...

Copy_of_P1010078.JPG

Copy_of_P1010076.JPG

Frank,

Kinda funny to look at those pics, then read your sig.:D

I liked the first 1268 '57 Chevys I saw, then they just started getting real trendy and boring.

I do still kinda like the '55s tho

Robb:smoke:

I almost for got to add these two. The sedan on the right belongs to a friend who built the car from the ground up. At the time of completion he was the shop foreman for So-Cal Speed Shop in California. The car's firs public appearence was the 1999 Grand National Roadster Show (the show's 50th anniversary) where it took Best of Show Street Machine, 1st. in class and People's choice Best in Class. The coupe on the left is one he helped build while employed at So-Cal. Both run Hemi's. The sedan a blown and injected (endrel converted to digital) 392, while the coupe runs a crate 426 with Hilborn (converted to digital) injection. For the full story on the sedan you can go here: Dead Link Removed You will need to click on "project cars" in the menu on the left of the screne. Next click "hot rods" scroll down until you find "Shane's '40 Willys Sedan" click on the link and it will take you to the write up. You can also see the write up on the '40 Ford coupe (Chuck's '40 Ford Coupe)

Attachments

• shane6.jpg
    shane6.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 152

This is like the one I owned up until 2 weeks ago. It's a 1958 Austin Healey 100/6.

8811healey.jpg

Considering getting a Fiat Spider (81-84) or maybe even a pre '72 Cougar convertible.

Why did you get rid of the Healey Bashman?

Since work is moving me back to Alberta, I didn't really want to haul it all the way out there and store it. I sold it back to my brother whom I bought it off of in '87. So it's still in the family and it will join his 2 3000's and the third one which he is dropping in a s/b Chev 350.

1970 Mercury Cougar

My friends friend of the family has a dark green one that he drove me around in 1 day just PURRING. sooo nice. The front of it with the black over the head lights reminds me of the General Lee, definetely a big part of growing up:)

A 69 Charger 440 or 400. DAMN!!!! those are nice detroit muscle...

I'm going to be building my wife a supercharged 1972 Corvette convertible. Last year with the chrome on the bumpers. I'd like to drop in a big block Chevy and throw on a nice S/C. I'm going to go a little different route though, and add some low profile tires and wheels, kinda like Elanor in "Gone in 60 Seconds." I don't think I'll put in nitrous as I guesstimated about 700 hp as is with just the S/C. I'd also like to install a modern suspension from a new Vette. It'll take some fabbing, but eventually I'll have the garage and tools to do it. Until then it's just on paper and in my head.

I'm partial to Chevelles since I had a '76, parents had a '69 coupe they got rid of in 84 (even as an 8 year old kid I could have killed them then for getting rid of it!)

Another is the Ford Model A (29-31) and for the really obscure a 58 Edsel.

If you consider late '70s classic you could say I have a vested interest in my friends '79 Chevy El Camino SS, and another friends '78 Impala (soon to be home to a Cadillac 500)

How about a Sunbeam Tiger, or a Jensen Interceptor or a 64 1/2 Mustang with a 289.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hey some of those Sunbeams are sweet! The guy that owns a local Ford parts yard collects them, he has some nice one's!! I would love to get one and drop a late model EFI 5.0L into it......

Heck I;dlike to dropa late model EFI 5.0L into anything......

Back