Can someone post a picture of a tire setup? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Can someone post a picture of a tire setup?

I am thinking about buying 275/70/16 tires for my stock 99' Eddie Bauer 4wd. I did a search and found a few links about the tires and see that they should fit ok but there were no pictures. If someone has a stock height Explorer with the 275/70 size tire can you post a picture of your truck? I would like to see what they look like so that I can decide if I want those or if I want to stay with the 255/70/16 size. Either way I will get the Dueler AT Evio tires.
TIA--Phillip

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i used to have 265 70 r16's on my truck. i know theyre a lil smaller than youre looking for, but if you want to see a pic, let me know and ill try to find an old pic.

If you don't mind digging up the photo I would like to see it. I am just trying to get an idea of what it will look like.
Phillip

WOW, your truck looks great in those pictures. I hope I get a chance to clean mine soon. Right now it is just too cold. Thanks for the pictures. I think I will go with the stock size since I don't plan to do any work to my truck for a while or maybe ever. My focus right now is on a bigger house and I just wanted to see if I could go a little bigger since I was buying tires anyway. Thanks again.

On second thought, I like how yours looked. I think I will go a little bigger.

go bigger!! when we bought the 2nd set of tires for my x a few years ago, i was too young to care, so we got stock size. blah! getting 31s any day now

Bigger is better or at least that's what all the chicks tell me.;)

Originally posted by wa4kc
On second thought, I like how yours looked. I think I will go a little bigger.

good idea :) those rims and tires are long gone from my truck, but you can definitely go a lil bigger and not have rubbing issues without any lift, and the tires are only a couple of bucks more expensive. i say go for it.

Back