Any pics of 275/70/16? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Any pics of 275/70/16?

275/70 or 265/75

I know this has been gone over in some other post, however I just want a straight answer:

2001 Explorer Sport 4x4 - stock tires 255/70/16

Will 265/75/16 fit?
-What has to be trimmed front or back is needed?

What about 275/70/16 if the 265/75 don't work?

The truck is used mostly on the highway.
No offroading here, daily driver and snow duty

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

bump

They would just be a little wider, and a bit shorter than the 265/75's. I think they's work, might rub the sway bar at full lock of the steering wheel.

I had 275/70/16 on my 96 EB. Fit was not a problem, only hit the plastic wheel well liner on full compression. I've now got 265/75/16 on it, with TT and AAL & shackles.

I'm running 265/75 16s on my '01 Sport. I have about 1.5" of lift in the rear and about 1" TT lift in the front. The wheel wells are huge and nothing had to be trimmed. I'm sure the tires would fit without any lift. The only contact is minor on the front anti-sway bar during hard left or right turns.

Here's a pic:

2387287_3_full.jpg

ok cool, so youre sayin that once i get my shackles on the rear and lift it up 1.5" in rear and none in the front, 265/75-16s should still fit fine without too much rub at all then?

Should be alright.

uhm u dont even need a lift!, I have 265-75-16 on my explorer sport, and they are fine stockers. THey rub only a little at full turn , as when i'm turning in a tight parking space, or very , very un even parking lot!, but normal driving and parking it's not a problem at all.

Back