UCP On the Rocks II Aug 9-10 | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

UCP On the Rocks II Aug 9-10

hell, i'm with you guys, i had no problems last time i was there, i have bigger tires now anyway.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I'm planning to run signifigantly harder trails than we ran back in april. I'd like to do blue 2-3s though there is the possibility of body damage on such trails. But if you take it easy and pay attention you can get through with minimal damage. I know its gonna Rafar99s first time out so i dunno if you're going want to hit the same trails.

my buddy in his stock cherokee has decided to definately go now. if i want ot go with him i guess i would have to seperate from the group for a bit huh? i suppose i could split up and meet again right, i could always find what trails you guys were on after we drop his truck off back at the staging area. are we gonna have a guided tour from one of their guides or is lizardtrac and those that know the place real well gonna be the guides.

i also havent registered with the charity group, i think i'm gonna do that tonight, but my buddy might just go in and register just with paragon.

jeff,

do you remember the names of the trails that we were on last year when i was with you?

chad

Originally posted by Doug
I'm planning to run signifigantly harder trails than we ran back in april...

I'm definately in now. :)

And don't worry about camping; I can go a couple of days without a shower, LOL.

Someone is going to have to figure out where and when we plan to meet Saturday morning; what CB channel we'll be on, etc so we can all hook up. Do mobile phones work at Paragon or is it a dead cell area?

Cell phones will work @ paragon, we'll have a CB channel assigned to us once we get to paragon. There is a big exxon station on rt 93 that we always stop @ before we goto paragon. Its literally 30 seconds down the road from rt 81. Generally we leave the staging area around 9am so we're probably gonna want to meet up @ 8:15 or so. Bigcheck we did the 101 on course, turtle, innerspare tire, and think rockswamp. i think that was all the trails we did. if any one needs to get in touch with me you can reach me @ 908-399-4257. my phone is a pos so i might not get your call, so just leave a voicemail. Though i hope to buy a new phone this week. :)

Doug, that was outerspare that we hit up on that run, inner has that gnarly drop off and exit , where you hung up on that log this past winter

Inner, outer i can do them both now. Atleast inner spare didnt get me as nearly as bad as it got you, :) Hey shouldnt you be at work? :p

I was on break:p, and don't remind me, I hate that tree stump:D

woo hoo, i just registered for the run. lets keep everyone posted on meeting times and such. i guess we'll meet as a group in hazleton first and then all travel together.

if i understand this right there is no actual cost for the charity run, we just pay paragons' normal fees...am i correct?

just thought of something, a ggod place to meet might be the lowes parking lot or the turkey hill on 93, they both have large parking lots and are right there..just my .02 cents

the exxon station on 93 is the best place to meet up, its 5 minutes from paragon and 30 seconds from 81 and it's huge, you cant miss it. I'm not 100% sure what you pay towards paragon and what you have to donate if anything, I'll find out tonight. Like i said in my post we should all meet @ the exxon station @ 8:15am and then get food and fuel then head to paragon.

yeah, and just thought Id bring this up, if anyone is planning on camping friday night, we can meet at that same gas station some time friday evening. I guess a good thing to do would be to post if your planning on camping friday or coming sat morning so we know how many ppl to expect at each time..... umm if that made any sence kewl....

Good point chris i forgot to mention that, I took friday off so i'll probably be up there around 2 or 3 pm. There is very little cell service at the camp ground, it took me 20 minutes to get one call out of there. I'll wait for people to get there but the camp ground is real easy to get to if you cant get in touch with me. you keep going past the exxon station and about 3 miles down the road a road will branch off to the right, there is a blue sign with a tent on it and an arrow, just follow them all the way to the camp ground it's like 15 minutes away at that point.

ahh in coming out of my big hole i got lost in called SOLID AXEL SWAP. its coming along well. its taking forever cause my crewcheif and i are so **** about it being perfect. Not too sure about making it out there. i spent alot of cash on my new 984-door i got so Patch was on hold. hope to get alot of werk done this sunday if its nice..........

my buddy and i are staying at my gradparents house in hazleton friday night, so we'll see you on saturday at 815 at the exxon. cant wait, gotta do a few things to the truck though

I am planning on driving up Saturday morning and will meet you guys at the Exxon station @ 8:15. I hope to have a cb but can't guarantee I'll have one. I'd like to camp out but I do not have a tent. Would they let me pay for a spot and sleep in my truck?:p With respect to trails, this is the first I'll be wheeling my Explorer with the mods I've done to it. It will also be my first time wheeling at Paragon so I have no problem running greens and blues with the others if you guys want to hit some high blues and blacks. I'm looking forward to meeting you guys and having some fun!

Ben

You can sleep in your truck Dasfrem did it the last time we went camping. its only 10 bucks a night to stay at red ridge. I have to do a couple things on my truck as well, like put in the front driveshaft and t-case skid plate.

Got my driverside halfshaft fixed today and my new and improved rear driveshaft will be ready to pick up tomorrow. Tonight I'll put the half shaft back in and put in my new Rancho RSXs up front. Now all I need is a full size spare.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

matt there's a place by me that sells used tires want me to see if i can find you one?

Back