expo5.0 before and after | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

expo5.0 before and after

here is the earliest pic of my truck i could find

Attachments

• beforeandafter.jpg
    beforeandafter.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 672

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

it was taken about half way up pike's peak and it was a completely stock truck with a few stickers.

here's a more recent one

Attachments

• mountieonside.jpg
    mountieonside.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 641

Certainly an improvement. I look forward to seeing your progress.

nice ride, but aren't you supposed to post here AFTER you finish the modifications ;) i cant wait to see it with paint....

Looks pretty damn nice to me.:cool:

Oh, and to me for some reason the front top half of your truck looks fake. Not the whole thing, basically the grill area and the headlights, not saying it is actually fake, but it just looks crazy i dunno.:confused:

yah man expo has got one of the sickest rides on this site, looks awesome man keep up the good work

If I blur my eyes when looking at the second picture they look the same to me. :confused:

I'm not an X streeter, but I like it a lot. I don't think there is an X on this site that I absolutely do not like.

i don't know..i kinda like stock..lol

VERY clean..i love it..even tho im not street

Howcome the bottom of the bumper is black? I could never figure that one out.

I like the rims man =P

bumper black just has to do with where each can of primer ended

I like the extra smooth front end especially... that bumper makes all the difference... I dont think it would look as nice combined with an original Explorer grill

nice ride... although I'm more of an off-road truck maniak

Originally posted by expo5.0
bumper black just has to do with where each can of primer ended

:hammer: So.......... How much was that new tv you got?.... How much is a can of primer? =P Hell, I'll go buy a can and send it to you just because that black part annoys the crap outta me:p

PM your address.

Nice. Paint it and she'll be perfect. Y' know, if mine weren't an Eddie Bauer with all that two-tone fender flare crap, I'd be doing the same thing. Instead, she's going UP.

Originally posted by hydroxy
:hammer: So.......... How much was that new tv you got?.... How much is a can of primer? =P Hell, I'll go buy a can and send it to you just because that black part annoys the crap outta me:p

PM your address.

How about he paints that part white, if you take off those mud flaps ;)

Originally posted by STEVE-O84X
Oh, and to me for some reason the front top half of your truck looks fake. Not the whole thing, basically the grill area and the headlights, not saying it is actually fake, but it just looks crazy i dunno.:confused:
It might be because he's got a Mountaineer grill and such on his Explorer.

It looks good, can't wait to see the final pics.

it's an inspiration... now I wonder how this kind of front end would look on my 98 Sport... never seen a 2 door Mounty
:D

what were the costs?

from fpn the parts are about 1100 for the front end stuff.

i got it all for around $350, and you could do about that through junkyards and what not.

the HID conversion cost me just less than $400 as well.

Originally posted by TravisC
It might be because he's got a Mountaineer grill and such on his Explorer.

Well, I knew he had that on there, but I think that it looks like that because of the chrome piece that goes around the grill. Parts of it look to be painted black maybe? Thats the part that looks different to me, but i like it like that.

black or different color since most likely that front end came off a Mounty that was different color...

IMO

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

it was black on bbx when he had it i have since done quite a bit of sanding on it.

i've also filled the mountaineer logos in as shown in this picture (sort of)

Attachments

• 99explorerescapenolights.jpg
    99explorerescapenolights.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 403

Back