2001 before and after 2 pics | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2001 before and after 2 pics

i will take more this weekend if the weather is better.

before lowering kit wheels painted calipers, engine cover paint, K&N intake, gibson exhaust

before-(sorry this is the only pre pic i could find)
exfjraptor.jpg

after
mustangwheel2.jpg

more small things to come on the mod section

comments welcome!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Gonna be honest I like it before better.

busted out with the mustang rims i see

looks like mustang rims with mustang tires.

scoopscool, thanks for the comment, i liked it before too but i love the mustang wheels and really wanted more of a sportier look.
i am going to put 55 series tires on to accomodate the wheel wells but i dont have the money right now and these tires are really good

like i said they will be painted black as well

super swamper 98, ccant beat $325 w/tires on craigslist! if your referring to the center caps up front unfortunately the spindle didnt clear without spacers so that is another small expense, the caps were cracked already anyhow so i just decided to dremel them out

any worries about a blow out?

any worries about a blow out?

no, tires are in great condition and ive heard and talked to othres that have not had problems.

why do you think they would blow out? weight difference?

weight difference and the roll of the vehicle is different.

Hopefully its a stiff sidewall.

If you are using stock size mustang tires (225 width) you sit around a max load of 1098 lbs to 1200 lbs per tire depending on brand (this is off a factory replacement dunlop).

The explorer factory 235/70/16 michelin's are from 1700 to 1900 lbs per tire max load.

The curb weight is roughly 4400 lbs so your are over loading the tires when any roll is factored into cornering.

Be careful since you could either roll a bead or blow a tire.

Other than that sweet mustang rims!

Jon

i appreciate your concern and i did think about that but not quite as thoroughly as maybe i should have.
the tires on my ex right now are
dunlop SP sport FM901 245/45/17 95W

i actually have 2 bridgstones that are 55 series made for trucks my buddy is selling me that will be going on when i buy two more to match.

would you be worried about the dunlops im running right now?

i appreciate your concern and i did think about that but not quite as thoroughly as maybe i should have.
the tires on my ex right now are
dunlop SP sport FM901 245/45/17 95W

i actually have 2 bridgstones that are 55 series made for trucks my buddy is selling me that will be going on when i buy two more to match.

would you be worried about the dunlops im running right now?

1356 max load lbs at 44 psi is what they are rated at.

I would go with a high performance low profile light truck tire.

Your pusing the limits of the tire but you should be able to keep them on it for the time being. Having a W speed rating means they are stout tires but then again its an all season high performance tire that does not come with a factory warrenty.

I would just drive safe and keep away from pot holes and any crazy driving.

Jon

1356 max load lbs at 44 psi is what they are rated at.

I would go with a high performance low profile light truck tire.

Your pusing the limits of the tire but you should be able to keep them on it for the time being. Having a W speed rating means they are stout tires but then again its an all season high performance tire that does not come with a factory warrenty.

I would just drive safe and keep away from pot holes and any crazy driving.

Jon

thanks for all the insight. like i said i didnt really think about the weight issue when purchasing the wheels and tires my main goal was to go from a 15" wheel to nice 5 spoke 17" or 18" which i have on in the second pic(17") the tires im putting on asap are made for trucks and are rated correctly for my vehicle. not only that but the original reason i was changing them was not about weight because i wasnt aware of it but because i wanted a little more sidewall for the look of filling the wheel wells better. il let ya know what the new tires are when i hear from my buddy who has them

I think they'll look a lot better when they're black, nice and clean look though.

ok, so heres another update with my wheels painted for the murdered out look i wanted!
and another of my engine cover with the "blood"
what ya think?

exmustangmurdered.jpg

exmotorpic.jpg

love it!

Hate the K&N!

K&N was the root of my problems in my X.

The X looks great none the least.

Jon

love it!

Hate the K&N!

K&N was the root of my problems in my X.

The X looks great none the least.

Jon

what kind of problems with k&n did you have?

what kind of problems with k&n did you have?

x2 curious to hear this.

On the rim side..they look good painted black. Maybe, it's the tires but they just look too small for the truck.

love the wheels.
i'd get a set if they would fit on my sport but unfortunately they dont.

they look real good in black. nice truck. are you putting tint on those tail lights?

crappy fitment!

Then on top of that the oil they use from the factory kept coating my MAF causing the truck to run like crap.

if you look into my 11mpg post you will see that on top of plugs killed my gas mileage.

I recently purchased a MAC but they no longer make them. I think if i purchased the metal tube K&N with a different filter or cleaning the filter with something to rid the oil i would have been better off.

Jon

Jon

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

x2 curious to hear this.

On the rim side..they look good painted black. Maybe, it's the tires but they just look too small for the truck.

the wheels came with real good 45 series dunlops and yes i agree 100% they are TOO SMALL!

i have two 55 series bfg street truck tires i jsut need two more and these are coming off. it makes the wheels look too small and the wheel wells look too big.
gimme a couple months and the 55's and the spacers will be on which will also include new front center caps so the bearing caps dont show.

Back