• Register Today It's free!

Head unit Choice?

Sleeping H22

Reaction score
City, State
PA
Year, Model & Trim Level
97 XLT
I am new to the whole truck/SUV deal. But my dad is passing done the family used 97 explorer. And I will be useing it to school and back. I am looking for a headunit and I am having some trouble finding one or any for that matter. I looked on crutchfeild and they only had like two. and they were nothing like what i want. A cd player is a must and mp3 would be great but not needed. I am looking for something with a sub output so i can hook up my 2 12's easy. I would like a double din but i didnt see many. Any help would be awsome. thanks for the help ahead of time.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

its typically easier and cheaper to get a single din, you can buy a kit to fill in the surrounding area.

Scott

Like has been said, get a single din with a kit, it's the better way to go. For some cheap headunits look at Pioneer or Alpine. If you want to go a little higher end, depending on what style of headunit you want, you can go ultra plain with Nakamichi or fancy with something like Panasonic.

I love my panasonic. easy install with the kit

check out the fosgate deck.. mmm sexy

I was pretty happy with my pioneer deh 10 I believe.... But didn't have enough room for expansion with one set of preouts, so I got an Alpine 9807 deck, very very nice! I'd reccommend it!

Ive got a Pioneer DEHP-3500. I have also go two 12s. Beautiful HU. Great Sound.

Oh Yeah, Definitly Buy from Crutchfield. They give you about 50$ in free Installation hardware that you will be lost without.

Hands down, alpine makes some of the best HUs.

I have a Pioneer and so does my friend and we love it.

Back