Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. R

How To: Replacing Front Hub / Bearing 1995+ Ford Explorer IFS

Awesome thread as I've done the bearings on my 1995 a few times. But, today was a surprise. I had the typical roaring noise, but given that the noise went away when turning to the right, I first replaced the right front bearing. I took a quick ride to make sure the noise was gone, but it...
  2. R

How to: 1st Gen Gas Tank Fuel Pump Access Panel

I'm going to be doing this soon. I have 1995 4 door. Any idea if the fuel pump assembly will be the type with the bolts or the retaining ring? Either way it's not going to be fun since this truck spent birth thru 2004 in Buffalo NY and is covered in rust, which incidentally is why I am...
  3. R

A/C Blower Craziness when going uphill

That thread is gonna help a bunch, thanks! :thumbsup:
  4. R

Is there a logical method to find the leak?
  5. R

OK, I ran a search, but didn't see anything this screwy. Lately when my 1995 4WD 4.0 OHV Explorer is being driven uphill the A/C blower stops blowing through the vents. after I reach the top of the hill (less strain on the engine) the air resumes blowing through the vents. The blower is...
  6. R

A/C Question (I see the leak!)

I pulled that line off (I checked for pressure at the low and high pressure valves) and the leak was not from bad O-rings, it was the connector itself. It was rusted and had a pinhole leak. $40 bucks later at the dealer, and I had a new hose, installed it and charged the system. Still ice...
  7. R

That would help me out a lot! You can email me from my profile and thank you very much! I'm not sure I understand the copper pipe thing... Would a tool be easier for someone who hasn't really messed with these sort of connectors? I can hook up my guages to see if there is any pressure left...
  8. R

1995 Explorer Ok, found the leak on my a/c system... It is leaking at a connector. The line comes from the radiator area and runs to the round cannister (evaporater?) The connector is metal, round, with some sort of clip that holds it together. My questions are: -- Is there an O-ring in...
  9. R

Where to get PIAA 1500 series CHEAP?

Where is the best place (online or the old fashioned way) to get PIAA 1500 series CHEAP? Best price I've found online was $199 for the clear, $209 for the fogs. Is this as good as it gets? TIA.
  10. R

5th shock absorber

I replaced that on my '96 (it was rusty and bleeding). I didn't have any vibrations before the replacement, so I didn't notice a difference. That damn thing is $70 bucks!
  11. R

Replacing stock fog lights - what fits?

I've searched, but can't find out which aftermarket lights will fit nicely into the stock fog light holes on my 1995. I just want something that can hold up a little better than the stock lamps/lights.
  12. R

Max A/C !?!?

After disconnecting that vacuum line to allow hot air on MAX A/C, does the compressor engage? Important question from an MPG standpoint. -RB
  13. R

Squeak from front of engine

This is exactly the same problem that's haunting my X right now. Started 2 months ago as a faint chirp, but only happened once or twice in a 3 day span. Now it is most prevelant when first started for the day, or when it has been sitting for a while and it is much noisier than before. I...
  14. R

Loud squeal during aceleration?

chirping/squealing at idle. I'm having a squealing/squeeking noise too, but the noise stops when I hit the gas. The noise is most noticable at idle (it either chips, or squeals... doesn't seem related to the AC being on or off, hot/cool/humid/dry weather. Belt was replaced about 10K miles...
  15. R

How many gallons is the gas tank on everyones Explorer?

I think my 96 has a 21 gallon tank.
  16. R

Slip yoke - tools needed?

got the beer covered! That's it? 12mm - 12 point box wrench? loosen, pull shaft off of yoke, clean, grease, put back together? I thought there was something more sinister about this. Thanks for the info! -RB
  17. R

Slip yoke - tools needed?

I searched and came up with 12mm wrench and new hose clamps. Is this all? What size hose clamps do I need? other tools needed to remove drive shaft at the slip yoke? Thanks in advance... I am about to take a long trip and want to take care of this soon, like tomorrow. -RB
  18. R

Has anyone have the exhaust leak problem?

I was thinking about headers when my manifold finally blows out. But on a 4.0L, this might not be a great idea. I've heard that I would lose low-end power with headers. -RB
  19. R

intermittent starting, now NO start at all - HELP!

It was the starter. After checking all the easy stuff like starter relay and cables, I had a friend come over and pound the stater with a hammer while I cranked. She fired up and I went a bought a starter. -RB
  20. R

Has anyone have the exhaust leak problem?

Exhaust leak on passenger side manifold. Defect, I'm sure.
  21. R

Changing spark plugs

mmmm... a bit harsh, but I tend to agree. Hartman, do a search on plugs. There are tons of threads and I remember a few that discuss proper and alternative gapping with different brands of plugs. -RB
  22. R

Thanks for the reply... I'm out the door to do some checking. Of course I did a search AFTER I posted this thread. This day is just starting out all wrong.
  23. R

Lately, when I turn the key, my truck might start, or no starter at all. I would jiggle the gear shifter and it would usually start up. This morning it won't start at all (no starter action, but the starter relay on the fender clicks.) If I shift into anything other than park or neutral...
  24. R

XLT, XL, XLS, ????????

Couldn't have said it better myself. Those fender flares just look plain goofy... IMHO. -RB
  25. R

Loud whine

Go Dead Link Removed to get the skinny. Replacing your IAC valve is the only real solution it seems. -RB
Back