Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. A

WTB: Pass. Mirror (1998 Mounty)

1998 Mountaineer Passenger mirror (black) - Power w/puddle light. Broke my glass, easier to replace entire assembly. Price shipped to 18940 (SE Pennsylvania), please. Thanks!
  2. A

Weird Lift Issue

Yeah, I'm beginning to think that the LMC leafs are to blame. :thumbdwn:
  3. A

Weird Lift Issue

It's a 98 :p But, yes - the shackles are WAR153... the leafs actually seemed slightly LESS beefy than the ones that were on there. Hmm... Guess for now, best bet is to lower that front TT back down to level it out. Doing 2500 miles next week, would prefer it to not break anything or wear...
  4. A

Weird Lift Issue

Sort of what I thought, but that'd piss me off if that were the case. They were the same size as the stock ones (I junked them this week after the new ones were on), but the spring rate is something I'm now wondering about. http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fex/full.aspx?Page=95 The 4-leaf...
  5. A

Weird Lift Issue

'98 AWD 5.0 Mounty 31x10.5 on 15x7s This weekend I put new leaf packs from LMC truck on it and some warrior shackles, and TT'd the front end approx. 1.5" My front end is now higher than the rear, probably an inch or so? I had assumed that new leaf packs would actually help pop it up in the...
  6. A

Getting rims w/4" bs

I'll post some pictures this weekend. Running 15x7 soft 8s with 31x10.5s, no lift and no problems. Shackles and TT this weekend, too....
  7. A

Suggestions wanted for wheels & tires on a 94 Explorer.

Sorry, wasn't trying to be offensive. Seems like you want to make a street truck out of a 4WD, no? I'd definitely check out the Suspension/Drivetrain forums, there's a ton of info to be found.
  8. A

Suggestions wanted for wheels & tires on a 94 Explorer.

You bought it and had no idea that it's a 4x4?.... Probably should have checked that out before you handed over your cash...
  9. A

Exhaust Manifold Question

Sweet, looks like the casts are the ones that jack the price sky-high on the wires. Excellllllent. Ugh.
  10. A

99% sure I've got casts, then....
  11. A

Looking at buying new spark plug wires, and depending on which manifold you have, the set is different (and a diff. price). I've got a '98 5.0 Mounty, and I'm pretty sure I've got the "cast" manifold, but can't be sure until I see a picture or something confirming one way or the other...
  12. A

New Leaf Springs Question

:banghead: Good catch.
  13. A

Awesome news, thank you. I'll probably order a set this weekend....
  14. A

Checked into LMC truck.... looking at the diagram, the leafs themselves are $100 a pop which isn't bad, but you also have to buy new bushings, etc? http://www.lmctruck.com/icatalog/fex/full.aspx?Page=95 Correct? I can't imagine you'd be able to cannibalize the older parts and make 'em...
  15. A

Towing Motorcycle Cross Country

Sort of what I was hoping to hear. As for the mountains, yeah it's a fantastic drive. I've actually done PA --> NV twice now, this will be the first time the other direction (and first time towing). Awesome trip, great time of year to be doing it, too. (Next month)
  16. A

Towing Motorcycle Cross Country

'98 Mountaineer 5.0 AWD. Class III hitch already installed (previous owner used to tow his boat) First time towing anything this sort of distance over any sort of real terrain, here. Just towing a little 650 V-star (+/-500lbs) in either a 4x8 enclosed trailer or motorcycle-specific...
  17. A

Coolant leak - 1996 5.0L V8 HELP

Timing Chain Cover Gasket. Would start there. Easiest way to tell, run the engine, make sure the coolant level is sufficient (you want to see it leaking after all), and look at the front of the block from the left hand (driver side) wheel well. You should see water running down the side of the...
  18. A

Aftermarket headlights

Well it's sad that it's become that way, but it certainly wasn't always the case. "JDM" didn't really become a fad until 5-6 years ago, when it became some sort of misused "catch phrase" like "NOS" and what have you. The reality of it, is that most JDM parts are substantial upgrades to...
  19. A

Aftermarket headlights

I love how they are advertised as "JDM" Black Projector Lights. Retailers looks like complete morons when they start marketing things labeled as "JDM" (Japanese Domestic Market) on headlights/accessories/parts for Domestic-branded/Euro vehicles. Anything to "sound" cool, I suppose. Either...
  20. A

Wheels for My 1998 Explorer Sport

Should. The lug patterns are the same, and if you're going smaller, then you shouldn't have fitment issues, at all.
  21. A

'98 Mounty - Wheel/Tire Q.

Looked into the torsion twist today (got quite a bit of reading done around here, actually)... gonna go about 1.75" and do some shackles on the back to bring it up a little. *fingers crossed*
  22. A

Anyone? :(
  23. A

Checked the lift/tire size chart, but in a little different situation here. Have a chance to pick up some '05 Mounty 17" wheels for cheap, was planning on powdercoating them black and tossing some big tires on them. '98 Mounty AWD 5.0, *no lift* Will 32x10.50 fit? If not, I'll prob...
  24. A

Crap. Liftgate Hinges.

Just got some used ones on Ebay for 20$ shipped... looks like the same part (98 Explorer). We'll see, I guess.
  25. A

Crap. Liftgate Hinges.

1998 Mounty AWD 5.0 Stripped out tonight, they've been going for a while. Removed the glass for the time being. Is there anywhere online that sells the hinges? Are they the same part supplied for the explorer kit (recall kit, I believe: 2L2Z-78420A68-AA) Anyone know? Thanks in advance. Here's...
Back