Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. C

CJexplorer

Tow Hooks Purchased a set of tow hooks everything went great. Fast shipping too.
  2. C

31x10.5 on 15x7 rims stock truck.

Nah a 31 x 10.5 will fit just fine on a stock rim. It's not until you get to the 12.5 wide that you might run into a problem.
  3. C

WHERES MY BELT TENSIONER? (Pics)

at this point I would leave the tensioner and idler pulley where they are, I agree that you have the wrong diagram for that engine. maybe a ford fluke. But yea but that bolt back in and tighten when you tighten it all the way you will see the tensioner move releasing the tension on the belt.
  4. C

WHERES MY BELT TENSIONER? (Pics)

The pulley your pointing to looks stationary (like the idler pulley) but where the idler pulley should be looks like your tensioner, you can see the arrow showing which way to turn it. For some reason they look backwards. At least thats how it looks to me in the pics.
  5. C

Florida Wheelers?

J.W. Corbett Park Have any of you guys heard of or been to J.W. Corbett park in Jupiter? I watched some videos from youtube from there looks like some pretty good wheeling.
  6. C

Florida Wheelers?

That f250 was buried pretty good. Im surprised a wrecker wouldn't come out there though.
  7. C

Florida Wheelers?

Where was this?
  8. C

Who has the dirtiest explorer!!??

I'll play too... This is when I only had stockers and tt. I'm sportin' 31's now.
  9. C

no 4 lo

Thanks for the info Brooklyn, Looks like im in the market for a shift motor. One more question though, wouldn't the motor affect both 4 hi and lo? or 4 hi could work fine and it not go as far as engaging the 4lo. Thanks again
  10. C

no 4 lo

The brake lights are working fine and I have no problem w/ 4 hi. But I did check all the fuses just to be sure and there all fine. Could the range senor cause 4 lo to not engage. Any other suggestions?
  11. C

Florida Wheelers?

No set date yet, I'm basically just wanting to know who's in the area so we can plan something. Krome ave is that down in Homestead?
  12. C

Florida Wheelers?

Not too sure of the exact location. ed0607 would probably know though.
  13. C

no 4 lo

My question is would the neutral safety switch not working cause the 4 lo to not engage? I have no reverse lights so Im pretty sure the switch is gone. But would that also cause 4 lo to not engage or am I looking for a different problem. $ hi works fine. Any help would be appreciated. And...
  14. C

Florida Wheelers?

Holy land is basically a section of the glades, if memory serves correct its off 27, I'm not sure about the level off offroa difficulty. It's been years since ive gone. A lot of it depends on the weather im sure. and since its been raining pretty good this past week im sure it would make for a...
  15. C

Florida Wheelers?

Yea I'd love to make a trip down there I used to fish holy land back in the day. How often do you go out?
  16. C

Florida Wheelers?

I dont think you'll have too much of a problem in some light mud. I wouldn't go full on boggin' but as long as there is someone there to pull you out. you'll be fine. I just upgraded from the 235's to a set of 31's myself :)
  17. C

Spring sale! 20 Explorers for parts!!!

How about a driver door window regulator for a 97 xlt. Shipped to 34953 I don't need the motor just the regulator. Thanks
  18. C

the accumulator would be for a 4.0 SOHC
  19. C

How much for the A/C Accumulator for a 97 shipped to 34953
  20. C

a/c assisted cold air intake

Here is another route you can go same idea you have but made specific for this type of application. It will give you a boost of cool air into the intake when you need it. Alot of turbo guys use it. I looks like a nitrous setup but its not. and here is the link...
  21. C

LED Fun

Thanks, I'm glad you like it :D and as far as the lights in the door, I'm not sure what trims they came in. There just the courtesy lights though. Mine is a 97 xlt, it should be the same as yours. It's just the 194 style bulb, pop your door panel off and there should be a light socket that...
  22. C

Florida Wheelers?

I was kind of hoping some of the people around here would know where to go, LOL. But there is a small little mud hole I go to in St Lucie right off the Gaitlian Exit. But nothing spectacular. There is the Plant Bamboo spot out in Okeechobee just west of Palm City. Thats where they host mudfest.
  23. C

Florida Wheelers?

Alrighty so where are all the florida wheelers out there around the Port St Lucie/ South Florida area? I would like to go out, but need some people to go with :D So who's around this area?
  24. C

Tire wear,rotation question

Most vehicles in general wear faster in the front unless your roasting tires with a rear drive car. You always want to put better tires in the front. Rotate as needed.
  25. C

LED Fun

these weren't too bad, you have to pop the radio bezel off to gain to access to the switches. I had used 5mm 12v LEDs, this way I didn't have to mess with any sodering. They already come with the resistors. Following is the link to MustangP51's write up on it. It was a great guide. Here is the...
Back