Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. O

Calling all 2 doors..

I just have them both feed into one fill. Ride wasn't any worse than it was on the mono leafs bottoming out. Usually run at 100psi to get a little more fender gap out of the rear wheels.
  2. O

Missing under acceleration, comes and goes

Did a laundry list of repairs in 2014, issue was stuck somewhere between leaking intake, cam sensor, and weak fuel pump. The motor still drops power in the 3500 rpm mark which is no big deal, most of my juice is from idle to 3000. Next fix is a 5.0 swap.
  3. O

Calling all 2 doors..

FYI, still rocking 4 leaf rear springs. I had noticeable sag by 2013 and added adjustable air shocks (Gabriel?) from auto zone. 2015 and they are still giving me a forward rake like I wanted. I even tow a Little guy trailer with a heavy tongue and have no issues related to sag.
  4. O

swap 5.0 and t-56

I have been wishing over the years that my X would grow more power, with my stock 4.0 hitting the 200k mark I'd like to get a grocery list together to complete my v8 swap. My X is a 1999 factory 5 speed 4.0 OHV. I would like to pick up a explorer 5.0 motor from the parts yard and hot it...
  5. O

small misfire/ low power after re-start

My 99 has been having intermittent misfiring when first taking off. Usually it occurs after I have been driving (with no misfire) and turn the engine off. I think it may have to do with parking with the nose facing downhill. This has been a issue for a long time, I did a tune up at one point...
  6. O

Missing under acceleration, comes and goes

I have a 4.0 OHV 1999 explorer, I just did a tune up about 4 months ago new plugs and HALF of the new wires (couldnt get the driver side wires through the intake) Runs fantastic and gets about 22mpg now. Basically, sometimes I can start it up and it will let me take right off. Others it will...
  7. O

Calling all 2 doors..

Bought and installed a 4 leaf (vs the 3 leaf) pack from LMC Truck. They are actually FoMoCo stamped OEM springs which was a nice touch. I Need to put my shocks on to see if that will at least hold it up a little better. My 5*8 trailer does not make it squat AS BAD... but I think I would like to...
  8. O

Cannot find replacement STOCK shift knob

I neglected to glue the knob to my 5 speed last fall when it slipped off. Now it is cracked out the side and the gears have ground off so it likes to spin/ fly off. I would like to locate a new OEM one, ford tried giving me this huge rubber clunker. The part number is worn off the bottom of...
  9. O

Calling all 2 doors..

$300+ just in the leafs seems a little steep doesnt it? That wont even include the $150 worth of bilsteins on the back, whats a new OEM leaf pack alternative? I can always add a leaf for more support under load, plus i'd rather maintain my ride height as much as possible since I opted for...
  10. O

Calling all 2 doors..

so compared to a unloved junkyard 4 door leaf pack, what is a "new" alternative? I wasnt really looking for lift as much as utility, I decided against shackles and TT in favor of stock size michelins and stock height shocks, but I NEEEEEEEED something in the rear to keep it level under load...
  11. O

Show off your LIFTED 2nd GEN

I have been inspired to do a TT and shackle lift from these pictures. There was another abbriviation I kept seeing started with an "a" and have no idea what that means. I am looking at 31 inch bfg t/a ko tires, I think this combo will rais my stance justa touch. My question is in the...
  12. O

Small lift for 2wd sport

I have a 99 2wd at stock height and stock 15 inch 75r tires. Is there a such thing to lift the chassis up 1-2 inches? I just want something minor, then maybe step my tires up a little bit... Any solutions? I dont like the way body lifts look so that option is out. thanks -Blain
  13. O

Outfitting my 2wd sport to tow (manual)

I am tired of using my 20 year old oldsmobile to tow with. I am going to have a "jeep" company add leafs under my rear to prevent sagging (which occurs when the truck is loaded itself) and put a receiver on the back. My question to you is, where does one find a heavy duty clutch? I have a...
  14. O

how bad have you been ??

in 4 years of driving, been pulled over 7 times (3 times in the tbird, 3 times in the camaro, once in the explorer) most were speeding, never got a ticket. one was because i matched a description of another blue explorer (who was called in for drunk driving) and once for giving a thumbs up...
  15. O

Stock Keyless (remote) Entry

where is the gem module? what year truck did the harness come from? I could see wires added to the system as years went on, so I would understand I would only want equip from a 99 donor.
  16. O

Okay, So lets say I gather all the modules. WHAT DO I NEED TO GRAB There are a ton of explorers in the junkyards around where I live. I dont mind grabbing any modules or wireing nessisary to add stock keyfobs to my truck. Im one of those "keep it origional" guys, aftermarket dosent float my...
  17. O

mine is a 99, method didnt work. My aunt was the orig owner and it never had fobs, which is why I just want to know whats plug and play about the keyless fob entry system. I know they wouldnt put KE modules in a car that didnt order that option.. NO keypad or key fobs came with the...
  18. O

I dont think it has any stock keyless as it sits. Im pretty much asking If I want to ground up make my explorer have stock ford keyfobs what is nessisary (if its even possible)
  19. O

Hi, Im new here and your forum structure is a bit different from other automotive forums, So i think this is the right place to post. Anyway, I just bought a 99 sport base model the other day. It has power locks (didnt they all?) I would like to add a factory keyfob remote to the truck. I...
Back