Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. M

Sway Bar Question

Hi, I have a 1998 Ford Explorer XLT 5.0 with 150,000 miles on it and I am looking to replace the sway bars. I have been told that one of the sway bars is solid and one is hollow. I would like to replace the hollow bar with a solid one. Does anyone know which bar is hollow and also who...
  2. M

Radio replacement 1998 XLT

Hi, I have a 1998 XLT 4dr and I am looking to replace the radio as the display stopped working. I spoke to the guys at Crutchfield and they asked if I have a factory amp or not. How does one tell if you have a factory amp or not. I have AM/FM single CD, cassette in dash (not a Mach) and a...
  3. M

Question about 1998 Explorer Radio

Hi, The display in the radio of my 1998 Explorer just went out. I see all the threads about this and figured it would finally happen. A friend of my gave the radio out of his 2005 Sport Trac and I was wondering does it fit the 1998 and is the wiring the same. I have the radio with...
  4. M

Replacement Radio for 1998 XLT

Hi, The radio in 1998 XLT no longer lights up but it still plays. I would like to replace the radio with either another stock one or an aftermarket one. Does anyone know what year radios fit a 1998 explorer. I see there are a lot of people parting out Explorers and maybe I can pick up a...
  5. M

Question about leaf springs in 1998 XLT

Hi everyone, First let me say thanks for the help with my previous post for help with the exhaust system. I have a question about the leafs on my 1998 XLT 4 door. I brought her in for new tires and the guy put it up on the lift and told me that I needed new springs since a small clamp on...
  6. M

Best Replace Exhaust System for 5.0 1998 Explorer

Hi Everyone, I need to replace the exhaust system on my 1998 5.0 Explorer and I was wondering what would be the best high-performance replacement. I know the exhaust system is shot but the truck also just started making a strange rattling noise tonight over the rough roads in NYC. I was...
  7. M

Question about a 1998 Explorer XLT bumper.

Hi everyone, I have a 1998 Ford Explorer XLT V8 and someone recently hit the front bumper in a parking lot and bent it all out of shape. Does the front bumper from a 1999 Explorer fit (Has the round fog lights)? A friend has one from his wrecked 2000. I love my XLT - Only got 90,000...
Back