Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

Issues about Emission and U-Joint

1. I failed state inspection due to emission test failure. The machanic couldn't tell what it is because I recently changed my battery. However, I have had check engine light on for a while and once a mechanic said their diagnosis system stuff indicated that it was about the fuel system. I have...
  2. D

finding where noises are from

I hear two types of noise. First noticeable noise is like clicking/ticking noise when accelerating hard. Smooth accelerating doesn't make noise. And it is gone after the car is warmed up. I can't tell whether it is coming from under the hood or the body. Second one is the squealing noise...
  3. D

Battery housing problem

Thanks I have not done anything yet but soon I will get it done.
  4. D

Battery housing problem

Hi, all I unscrewed the bolt that holds the battery this morning. I thought I was unscrewing it but in fact I was actually breaking it. I noticed it after I got the new battery and placed it on the housing trying to tighten the bolt. The rest of the bolt is still in the housing. I have no...
  5. D

Interior Door Panel fasteners

It is called "Christmas Tree Clip."
  6. D

Rattling noise from inside the hood

First of all, it is totally fine with A/C off. It starts making metal rattling noise after driving more than 10 miles with A/C on. I can't hear the noise while running. Only at complete stop with the gear on drive. When I put the gear on neutral or parking, the noise stops. Also, when I turn...
  7. D

Parts Compatibility??

Thanks a lot :)
  8. D

Parts Compatibility??

Would 03 Sport Trac Disc Brake Rotors and Pads fit into 03 Sport? I am searching for the brake pads and rotors for my 03 Sport but what I see mostly is Sport Trac, not just Sport.
  9. D

finally...i've done it

Once I asked why taking off the step bars costs $150. Now I know why. Because the bolts are all badly rusty. It took me 2.5 hours to take both step bars. I don't have a lift so I had to slide under the body and spend almost all of my strength to loosen those rusty bolts. As I turn the wrench...
  10. D

why does it cost $150 to take step bars off?

I see.... oh, that's what it is. Thanks for the answers.
  11. D

why does it cost $150 to take step bars off?

My passenger side step bar is bent so it's been making rattling noises. I wanted to take them off. Since I don't have a lift, I have to slide under the body and unscrew the bolts to take them off. But it's just a tedious job to loose those rusty bolts. So I decided to take it to a local body...
  12. D

MPG difference depending on gas station?

This question is not related to explorers but I wonder.... In my town(MA), gas price is about $2.68/gal and I get around 17 mpg overall. Fueling from New Jersey, gas price is cheaper and is about $2.49/gal, 16 mpg overall. Fueling from New York, gas price is $2.87/gal ($3.09/gal in...
  13. D

subwoofer question

I saw some cheap sets of enclosed single sub with a cheap amp on it at sonicelectronix.com. How do those subs sound? I don't need big booming bass very loud so that it can be heard by others in distance. I want some bass just loud enough for me inside the vehicle. I guess those cheap 10inch or...
  14. D

IMO factory HU isn't bad at all

I recently replaced my factory HU. I like the new aftermarket HU. Overall, sound quality is better than factory HU, hi and mid range are more clear and also "louder" so that it makes bass relatively "quieter." Even though I adjust EQ to turn up the bass, it isn't loud enough unless I turn up...
  15. D

quick questions

First of all, sorry in advance for lack of knowledge in car audio. 1. I have some old but unused speakers called Cerwin Vega HED-162(1 pair) and HED-1693(1 pair) and they seem still worth to me. Are they better than 03 sport factory speakers? 2. HED-1693's size is 6" x 9" but the factory...
  16. D

How is the sound quality of the factory head unit?

I know my friend's maxima got a factory bose sound system and it does have a great sound quality. I don't hate mine but wanna hear better sound without spending too much money. So what I am thinking is just replacing the factory headunit with another aftermarket headunit under $200. My question...
  17. D

quick questions about tires

The factory tires on mine are 255/70/16 still in good condition yet. Just wanna know the widest size I can put on without modification on the vehicle. Will 275/65/16 fit without any trouble? If there exists such size of a tire then having 275/65/16 which the diameter is 76.39cm won't cause big...
  18. D

recommended HID kit?

Hello, Even though the factory head lamps are bright enough for me, I just wanna get HID on my car. I have no idea about HID conversion kit like which brand or model is good. I found some on ebay and it costs about $150 but I am not sure if I could trust that product. Can anyone recommend one...
  19. D

need help on parking brake

thanks good information I wanted.
  20. D

glad to see ex-umass student I am currently going to UMASS since 2003, attened for 3 years, left the school for 3 years, and now I came back recently. Where's Noho? Better go there for the next inspection. I still have about 30 days for free reinspection at a local bodyshop. Thanks anyways.
  21. D

it's okay As soon as I get my parking brake fixed, I will let you know the approx. cost of that.
  22. D

well... The dealer is not around the area whrer I live. Round trip to the dealer ship will be 170 miles. It takes not just gas, but also my time. so.....
  23. D

okay I see. I better bring my car to the dealer then. Thanks.
  24. D

hello, I own a 03 sport xlt. I recently purchsed it and it failed the state inspection due to the parking brake. It doesn't seem to be broken but just some adjustment is needed. Is it gonna cost much to fix this? Including labor fee, if it costs like an oil change, I will go to a local brake...
  25. D

Hi to all

Hello, I recently purchased an used 03 Explorer Sport XLT with 70K. At first glance I didn't really like it but as I become familiar with it, it's better than I expected. IMO this SUV is not so fancy but I really like the fact that it runs good enough and I like the transmission and the...
Back