• Register Today It's free!

subwoofer question

dahell

Reaction score
City, State
Amherst, MA
Year, Model & Trim Level
'03 Sport XLT
I saw some cheap sets of enclosed single sub with a cheap amp on it at sonicelectronix.com. How do those subs sound? I don't need big booming bass very loud so that it can be heard by others in distance. I want some bass just loud enough for me inside the vehicle. I guess those cheap 10inch or 12inch single subwoofers with weak amps may do their job good enough for me. Well, I had dual 12inch subs with a decent amp that could shake the whole vehicle and even my hairs. I don't want that anymore. Does anyone think whether or not it is a good deal?

post a link to what setup you're talking about.

Yes, please post a link.

But, I will say, depending on the exact setup, it may be cheaper and a little more effeicient to get a AMP & Sub seperate, and if you have mild wood-working abilities, just build a box yourself.
9x's out of 10, a custom box fit for your vehicle will outperform a generic pre-fab box.
It also allows your creativity to come out.

And, if you get really creative, you can even do some simple removeable ones too.
I actually designed a stealth install for a friend where I used a Banana Plug housing in the rear panel so all he had to do was unhook it and pull the box out. And, he had all of his cargo space back.

Back