Search results | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Search results

1. D

What goes here?

But for real
  2. D

What goes here?

4.0 v6 xlt On the passenger side of the engine , there is a threaded hole just forward of the center exhaust port... You can easily c it thru the wheelwell w the tire removed, thats y i noticed it. What, if anything, belongs here?
  3. D

broke both rear coil springs

My driver rear coil is broke. Clean snap 2 coils down. Never woulda known it, it rides great and sits level and hauls fine. Noticed it when doing brake job. So its staying that way since it in no way affects driving.
  4. D

Gear Shift Broke Off in Hands!!!

i did not read all of this thread, but to the OP... i had the same thing happen. i couldnt repair it and ended up getting a used column out of a junkyard. it was a hassle as i shifted the same way i had a hundred thousand times and the damn thing was in my hand.... i was like whaaaaaaaaa
  5. D

painting exterior body trim Q

i have a 2002 ex. it is white, with the hideous faded grey-ish body moulding, fender flares, and bumper covers... the gray has faded and is now mostly a light gray and is not a consistent color throughout. i love the look of the all white explorers that have thebody molding color matched...
  6. D

wanting wheel pics! black wheels!!

nice man. i like the 'murdered' look.. black on black. and this makes me really wish i had the color coded plastic body trim... mines that nasty faded gray YUCK
  7. D

ohhkay. thanks... well like i said i am looking for pics of black and black/chrome wheels.. size is not a big factor yet... i always thought id go 15 but many black/chrome wheels i find 16 is the smallest size... and okay ill search about tire fitment.. i was just looking for wheel ideas at...
  8. D

i am in the future going to put a small lift on my ex and some wheels. i have a white ex, and i think some black/aluminum wheels would look great on it. i would love to see the black wheels you guys are running... i am looking into 16x10 and running 32's if they would fit... any info...
  9. D

Dual Exhaust...

hey... miller time... how much did that setup cost you? if u dont mind me asking.. and did you have it put on after your lift? did you have more clearance after your lift? im assuming you did... i am just getting some ideas for down the road, and was wondering if the lift should come before my...
  10. D

02 front wheel bearing Questions

okay thats what i thought!! i knew the previous gens were like that, the whole hub. i have replaced those on my moms 00 ex. i was confused because my friend/coworker claimed he presses the bearings out and replaced them, and i did not think that you could and install them properly. haha i...
  11. D

cv joints.....

yeah, i plan on it. i have to get under there and check a wheel bearing tooo. just tryin to hold out for warmer weather a bit. the reason i suspect a cv joint is that it only does it in slow speed turns, and i usually notice it like when changing directions, like in a s type turn if that...
  12. D

puddle killed my ex

ugh i forget, i dont have my book. it was an underhood fuse. open the panel, snd there are 5 or 6 mini blue fuses in a row. it was the one closest to the windshield. in the book it listed 3 or 4 abbreviations, but idk what they were for. i asked around and had no luck. luckily it hasnt...
  13. D

puddle killed my ex

so a couple weeks ago i was driving, and where snow had melted in the street i had to run through a large ish puddle. i hit it at like 10 mph i mean nothing drastic. so i drove it another 5 or so mins, stopped at a stoplite and it died. wouldnt start. wouldnt try to start. so i started hunting...
  14. D

cv joints.....

so i got my ex in november. havent done any windows down driving cuz its effing cold... however i did the otherday. i noticed what sounded to be a 'pop' coming from the i believe to b the driver side. i am thinking that this is a cv joint failing or about to or is bad or whatever. how...
  15. D

02 front wheel bearing Questions

i am certain that i have a front wheel bearing bad. i am cheap and plan on running it until it gets worse. i cannot locate my haynes book, and am confused with search results i know on the previous gen explorer, you cannot replace the bearing itself but have to replace the entire hub...
  16. D

Need heat/blend door/actuator opinions!

well she has had this problem for a while. and she has had a new heater core put in... and no coolant leaks. i checked her coolant level yesterday and it was at the correct level... she has the digital controls.. has to turn it to the hottest setting to get heat, bump it down one time and...
  17. D

02 Brake Light Switch

i got mine from napa for like 15 bucks. it was the correct part. also i know that autozone and oreillys carry the part, as i was shopping for the best deal. they carry it, make sure you tell them its the switch on the brake pedal. its the brake light switch/shift engage switch. its an easy 5...
  18. D

clock spring? Q

i havent had my ex for long, but the steering column was replaced before i got it. however the horn and cruise buttons do not work... i was told that it is the clock spring that is disconnected inside of the steering wheel.... however when i looked everything seem plugged in and connected...
  19. D

Need heat/blend door/actuator opinions!

no help out there?
  20. D

No gauge lights

no help?
  21. D

No gauge lights

Yeah, every other lite works on the truck. That im positive of.
  22. D

No gauge lights

My gauge lights dont come on at all. My dimmer switch is all the way up. I suspect my headlight switch cuz my radio doesnt dim either. Where should i try to check. My fuses are good.
  23. D

2003 Ford Explorer. How do I turn the seat belt chime off?

I plan on disconnecting mine too. Hate the 'big brother' aspect of so much of things nowadays. I wear my belt bout half the time. Hate hate hate the chime.
  24. D

Gauge Cluster Lights

I have a similar issue. But my cluster lites dont come on at all. Nor does my radio dim when i turn lites on. Sry im no help, hope u get an answer soon!
  25. D

Emergency Brake Pads

I replaced my wheel bearings and my pass. Side ebrake flew apart. So i left it out. Now my driver side is lightly dragging. So there comin out soon
Back